GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snapped these shots on the way back from San Diego.. it has Mexico plates.. never seen or heard of it before I saw it. At first I was thinking... "typhoon... syclone... tornado! It must be fast!!!" But it don't look too fast..

Tornado.jpg

Tornado2.jpg

As my friend said... "it looks like an SSR had a head on collision with a Prius!"

:LOL:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
looks stupid. your friend was dead on with his comparison

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Dam thats ugly as hell! I think Chevy just calls it a Tornado cuz it ends in "ado" like silver-ado, or color-ado. IMO

·
Registered
334 Posts
well the luv started way back in the 70's gm, ford, and chrysler make a lot of vehicles they don't seel here in the states just like the Jap co. do. The four door s-10 was first introduced in India as the Baja edition. I am a fountain of useless knowlege.... :D

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
zubyc said:
the luv on that site is funny as hell
Sorta looks liek an old Isuzu, which coicendentally the old Chevy Luvs has an Isuzu engine .... the funny thing about it is the bed, it still has the old style bedrails with the lip and the tow hooks on the outside of the bed.

·
Registered
343 Posts
looks like something subaru would make

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Pretty gross but kinda neat, never seen that side of chevy. I could see ford pullin some of that, oh wait... the Escape!

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
speaking of cars made in mexico and not in the states. When i was there in June, every stepside that i saw was a 400ss. didn't know if it was just a random sticker to try and sell more or if its an actual make

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
The old chevy luv WAS isuzu. It was an import....one of the ways isuzu got established on the american market. Isuzu also supplied alot of the first diesel engines into fullsizes like the 6bd1, 353 with n/a and turbo versions.
Dodge Ram 50? Not dodge, mitsubishi.

Ford Festiva (or fiesta?)? Kia.

Lotsa others, just funny how japanese stuff wasnt accepted til americans put their names on it to sell it ;p

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
dude... im going to go down to mexico, buy 2 luv's, bag one, and lift the other one and put ti on 49's, lol

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Badassilverado said:
That's awesome...seeing a Chevy that doesn't exist in the U.S...kinda cool. Looks like some sort of economy truck or something. Also looks like shit IMO.

Although imagine it slammed on 20's, might not look so bad then :read:
An improvement, I guess :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts