GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now with these following statements please don't shun me. I now am going to have a Toyota. In my explaination you will understand my perdicament. I have my beater chevy and it has the 200 k mark coming up, and it is in pretty poor shape not on my part. I have found a Yota with a Chevy 350 in it. So, i am not exactly straying from the chevyness. It is actually more chevy than my chevy. Trust me. Anyways. It is a crate motr with a few thousand and many upgrades. It needs two things, a clutch plate and a drop down berring (i forget the real name of it if this isn't right) or what ever makes ther clutch move back and forth. I was wondering if it would be smart to put a performance clutch in with such a large motor and what kind of price range I am looking at. I am doing all of the work myself with my father and maybe one of my friends. That's all.

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
yeah , its called a throw out bearing, and you should definately upgrade your clutch, why take the chance ya know...... you should get a new TOB with the new clutch:head:

·
this
1,584 Posts
if it is a stock tranny i wouldnt beef up the clutch..you might want it to slip just a little inorder to save the tranny with the extra torque. If it is a chevy tranny and you want to put in the extra effort to upgrade i would go for it..esp since you are going to be in there replacing stuff anyway.

·
Registered
787 Posts
its cool......very soon i may be going from gm to ford. i know its terrible, but its a 4 door, 4x4, shortbed f-350 diesel. with gas prices the way they are here, diesel is 30 cents cheaper, plus it's my g/f's dad and he will sell it to me for pay off, lets just say i'd be ripping him off by 7k or so...............so its an opportunity

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it is a stock tranny. The clutch is shot. The previous owners burnt it out. I am not sure what a TOB is, but if it is inexpensive I might go for it. My uncle hasn't had much luck with his Ford diesel. He's had a lot of problems with the tranny.

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Don't Worry Doug I Will Help You

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
TOB is a throw out bearing, it sometimes comes with a clutch kit. ask when you get one. after a few hundred buks i think that truck would be pretty fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts