GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a buddy of mine is looking at a colorado or canyon. Well we see all these trucks on the lot with Z71 stickers. So instantly we figure it is 4wd. We talk to the sales man and go inside to look at prices on paper. We get a spec sheet on the truck. Z71 offroad suspension, 265-75-16" TIRES and the sort. Come to find out this thing is only 2WD!!!! The 4wd trucks say Z71 4x4, so no longer can you consider a Z71 to be 4wd. Blows my mind. They had like 3 different tire sizes on the 2wd trucks stock. Very weird IMO... Just thought I would share what I learned today. They also have a ZRS street option. And the sticker says ZRS STREET...lol

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Yeah, i saw someone say sumthin about that right after they first came out...after 32 years, GM changes from a 4x4 only Z71 to a prerunner style 2wd Z and then the 4x4 Z...

·
Registered
787 Posts
i saw that crazy shit the other day too, i was like wtf?!?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
yea a month or so ago when we were buying my truck, me and my brother in law were looking at one on the show room floor, we were like WTF, the guy comes up to us and goes, yea they put the Z suspension on the 2wd's now. i kinda think its cool tho

·
5,501 Posts
its a cool idea...competes with the prerunner tacos...but once again, GM puts the wrong badge on it...first the new SS silverados...now the Z71 on the midsize truck...and on top of that, on some with just 2wd...

·
5,501 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
Also the one my buddy likes is a single cab 4wd and it has 4.10 GEARS.... Talk about crazy
That would be fun...i wish mine had come with 4.10s stock...lol

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
the colorado has like 3 suspension packages avaiable, heavy duty z85 the z71 offroad, and the zq8 sport.

the z71 package lifts the 2wd up

the z71 package has anti sway bar, gas charged shocks, urethane bumpers, tow hooks, locking rear diff, different wheels, flares, and a grlill insert, also the z71 poackage comes with a leather steering wheel (FOR BETTER OFFROAD HANDLING), and a frame mounted skid plate.

the zq8 drops the vehicle 2 inches from stock and offerces improved handling

·
5,501 Posts
BuiltNotBought99 said:
that's crazy i thought all Z71's were 4x4
Up until this model year they were...and it was a fullsize thing too...

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
that crazy, my aunt and uncle just bought a colorado and they said it was a Z71 and I was like oh cool you got a 4x4 and they're like no its 2wd and I was like WTF a Z71 2wd? Thats just gay IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts