GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Ive seen Intimidator repro rear spoilers to suit my 2004 Silverado.

Has anybody else fitted one and cant comment on quality ? Pics be good too.
Shipping to England is not cheap to find its a load of crap.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
cresspo is the brand i believe

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cresspo is the brand i believe
Thanks for the name benz. The Cresspo are a different style.

They're all over ebay. But from what I've seen most of them warp
Thanks Jack. Thats great info, so think will stick with a standard tailgate cap unless anybody can suggest a better brand / source that wont warp ? Although hot sun isnt normally an issue here in England lol.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I’ve had both wings...on my 07 single cab classic that I sold a fiberglass replica from one of the top sellers on eBay (can’t remember the name) and on my SS a real OEM wing that took me years to find.... the replica is complete TRASH! It’s really thin VS the real wing, its not ready for paint out of the box, needs a ton of body work to make it look decent, it warps when it’s really hot, overall cheap quality sometimes you don’t wanna touch that shit cuz you think it’s going to break... I remember I paid about $200 for the replica years ago when they started making them + paint and body work... years later a found an OEM wing and I paid $400 original black paint and brackets ready to bolt on and look 20x better than the replica..my advice is save your money the reps are shit... or get the regular SS bed cap that one looks good also 👍

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks matslp488, that just the info I was looking for. My rep front bumper was just as bad !
I wasnt aware the the SS cap was different to regular caps, just thought they was body colour.

Ive found the SS tailgate moulding code is 15197873 so will look for a genuine GM quality part.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If your dead set on an SS style wing look at the street scene wing idk if they still sell it but I remember those being the same style as the SS wing I’ve never had any experience with one but that’s an option

1 - 8 of 8 Posts