GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I want to buy one of these at the end of the year after my house mortgage is hopefully paid off. I don't know which one to choose. This will be my first ever GM vehicle. My mom car is getting too old. I'm planning to give her the toyota highlander and buy a new car. My mom also like to drive a bigger car because she feels safer.

My brother has the 2015 chevy tahoe. It is an impressive vehicle. The reason why I like this car is because of the new design. It has the rear camera, the folded back seats, the size overall, the headlights, it can switch to 4 cylinders whenever I'm not towing anything. I also read that it can tow up to 8500 pounds.

My friend bought the new gmc 2014 sierra 1500. I like its design as well. The interior is basically like the tahoe. I know trucks have more cargo space. I also hate it when I have to borrow someone truck to tow something or carry something. I have to give it back so that means I have to rush everything whenever I need it.

I'm 29 years old. Don't have a wife or kids yet. I'm a nurse so I don't use it much for towing. However, I'm in need of a new vehicle. I don't really like small cars. Can you guys tell me which one is better to get.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
If not married or no kids I would buy a truck. I had a Yukon and rarely needed the extra seating so it was kind of a waste to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Agree, if single with no kids get the truck.

My wife drives a tahoe and it's a great family vehicle. Hoping to get it paid of soon and then get myself a 2015 Silverado.

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
I'm still stuck at 29 and paying off mortgage in a year, damn I've effed up in life. Get the truck

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im curious as to why you would look at the Chevy Tahoe and not the GMC Yukon and the GMC Sierra and not the Chevy Silverado.

Id much rather have a truck than an suv or car. Every time I got rid of a truck and got something else I wanted a truck again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Because my brother has the tahoe and my friend has the sierra. Those are the only two I actually saw in person and get to talk to the owner.

I did some research and notice that the silverado is a few thousands less. I took a look at a v8 silverado ltz 5.3 2wd for under $40k. I don't think I need 4wd right? I don't have a boat or tow anything really heavy. Just sofas, fish aquariums, lumber, and such.

Hello guys,

I want to buy one of these at the end of the year after my house mortgage is hopefully paid off. I don't know which one to choose. This will be my first ever GM vehicle. My mom car is getting too old. I'm planning to give her the toyota highlander and buy a new car. My mom also like to drive a bigger car because she feels safer.

My brother has the 2015 chevy tahoe. It is an impressive vehicle. The reason why I like this car is because of the new design. It has the rear camera, the folded back seats, the size overall, the headlights, it can switch to 4 cylinders whenever I'm not towing anything. I also read that it can tow up to 8500 pounds.

My friend bought the new gmc 2014 sierra 1500. I like its design as well. The interior is basically like the tahoe. I know trucks have more cargo space. I also hate it when I have to borrow someone truck to tow something or carry something. I have to give it back so that means I have to rush everything whenever I need it.

I'm 29 years old. Don't have a wife or kids yet. I'm a nurse so I don't use it much for towing. However, I'm in need of a new vehicle. I don't really like small cars. Can you guys tell me which one is better to get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts