GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Wookie on the Beat
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with 3.0 almost about to hit 100k, I figured I would sell it or trade it in and get as much as I could out of it. Found this 6.2 HC I couldn't pass up.

How I picked it up friday.

And as of today after tint Saturday.

It already had the wheels, tires, a 3.5" rough country lift kit and rollnlock. The angles aren't as stressed as I thought they would be when I looked at it.

Plans will be pretty short. Corsa exhaust, CAI, amp steps and tune when the warranty goes up. Is there anything preventive wise for the 6.2s or these body styles? I heard a catchcan is a must?

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,354 Posts
Subd. Love the doodoo brown interior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Didn't they change the valve covers on the newer ones and prevent most of that? At any rate a CC is pry not the worst idea.
Nope same shit. The valve covers actually have some sort of clean side seperator in them. But a upr catchcan with ccs is only 350. Its installs in less than 10 minutes. Worth the money

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
477 Posts
Black bow tie, catch can, AMPs, Klearz, CAI, exhaust, minor debadging and drive it. Tune out the AFM if you want, but might as well do a full delete if you’re feelin’ ritzy. Step less bumper and high beam with fogs on mod would also be neat.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Nice truck, for sure on the catch can. Some 1 1/2" Bora spacers with those wheels and it would look great.

·
Just some fuckin guy
2,233 Posts
id just pull the hc badge and 4x4 stickers off. it looks good af as is

oh and remove lower valance like wild said

·
n. fil-dert.
6,834 Posts
We need an excel spreadsheet to keep these suggestions organized.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Black bow tie, catch can, AMPs, Klearz, CAI, exhaust, minor debadging and drive it. Tune out the AFM if you want, but might as well do a full delete if you’re feelin’ ritzy. Step less bumper and high beam with fogs on mod would also be neat.

Your ordered a 19? Correct?

1 - 20 of 235 Posts