GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Wookie on the Beat
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I had a 06 Chevy lt3 vmax last fall to help keep the miles off the high country. Ran that a bit before I started getting worried about the rust. After the hail storm and kuntry getting a beating, I got extremely lucky in this market on finding this 07 Sierra SLT Vmax.

Paints a lil dull and could use a polish and sealant. Interior needs a full detail but everything works expect the rear slider. I cant remember reading if it's a huge PITA to fix or just get a solid piece. It has flowmaster cats on it but everything is stock. I keep getting a p0430 so that'll be another deal I have to track that down.

Plans are really simply for a daily.

Front windshield tint and retint the sunroof
Debadge, demold and add the black vmax badges I was going to put on the 06
Clear heads with 5k every light
Fix the 02 sensors
Take off the crossbars off the rack
New exhaust
Intake tube
Denali grille

I'll maybe add a level down the road.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Def a hell of a find. Be a nice daily fo sho

·
Unofficial VP of GMFS
3,475 Posts
So I had a 06 Chevy lt3 vmax last fall to help keep the miles off the high country. Ran that a bit before I started getting worried about the rust. After the hail storm and kuntry getting a beating, I got extremely lucky in this market on finding this 07 Sierra SLT Vmax.

Paints a lil dull and could use a polish and sealant. Interior needs a full detail but everything works expect the rear slider. I cant remember reading if it's a huge PITA to fix or just get a solid piece. It has flowmaster cats on it but everything is stock. I keep getting a p0430 so that'll be another deal I have to track that down.

Plans are really simply for a daily.

Front windshield tint and retint the sunroof
Debadge, demold and add the black vmax badges I was going to put on the 06
Clear heads with 5k every light
Fix the 02 sensors
Take off the crossbars off the rack
New exhaust
Intake tube

I'll maybe add a level down the road.
Turn down new exhaust over axle with nice shiny tip ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
How many miles?

·
Wookie on the Beat
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
9,880 Posts
Seems solid, definitely needs a good paint correction and interior detail. What did you pay?

·
Wookie on the Beat
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems solid, definitely needs a good paint correction and interior detail. What did you pay?

·
Wookie on the Beat
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fresh oil change and interior somewhat clean. Probably going to take off the cross rails this week.

Really needs tint on the shield.

·
Wookie on the Beat
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Coworker got these from some old lady that said she was just going to throw them out after they had swapped to tow mirrors. He was going to put them on his tahoe but decided he wasn't going to mess with them so he just gave them to me. Too bad they don't have the puddle light.

·
Registered
9,880 Posts
Free is free

·
Wookie on the Beat
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Been needing to do this for awhile. After I changed the air filter I have had a rough cold start every morning like I had a mild cam and after 10-15 seconds it clears itself out. Took the TB off and holy shit. Cleaned it and the maf out and been having a p0430 code come on. Swapped out the o2 sensor and so far we're doing pretty good.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,667 Posts
did you stick your hand in the intake and see how deep the oily goo was in the bottom?

Reactions: Chewy21

·
Wookie on the Beat
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
did you stick your hand in the intake and see how deep the oily goo was in the bottom?
Whoa. I haven't seen you in forever timb. I didn't but saw all the goo.

·
Wookie on the Beat
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I'm thinking maybe a 2.5 from TGC would do good on this thing.

Got it tuned this past weekend by a local tuner and it drives like new. No more cam shakes in the morning. When I first got the truck the PO complained he couldn't get better than 12. After everything I've done (new air filter, oil change, tb cleaned and tuned) lieometer saying we getting 18. There isn't a lot of exhaust video on ol YouTube do decide on exhaust for a vmax. Thinking either a aero 3030xl or maybe a magnaflow? The last vmax had a magnaflow and was wayyyyy too quiet.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Shit I wish I could find me one of these as a daily around here. What magnaflow did you have that was too quiet? I’ve had a few and they’ve all been pretty good. I’ve done the 14” one on my rcsb I had, the 18” one like on the green truck, and then on my k2 I had the 22” one. Quiet at idle on that one but def opened up when I got on it. Granted they’ve all had headers to go with it

Reactions: Obs luvr

·
Wookie on the Beat
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shit I wish I could find me one of these as a daily around here. What magnaflow did you have that was too quiet? I’ve had a few and they’ve all been pretty good. I’ve done the 14” one on my rcsb I had, the 18” one like on the green truck, and then on my k2 I had the 22” one. Quiet at idle on that one but def opened up when I got on it. Granted they’ve all had headers to go with it
I can't remember it was on there when I bought it. It didn't sound aggressive at all. I wanna say it was a 18"? Maybe a lil bigger?

·
professional grade
4,203 Posts

I'm thinking maybe a 2.5 from TGC would do good on this thing.

Got it tuned this past weekend by a local tuner and it drives like new. No more cam shakes in the morning. When I first got the truck the PO complained he couldn't get better than 12. After everything I've done (new air filter, oil change, tb cleaned and tuned) lieometer saying we getting 18. There isn't a lot of exhaust video on ol YouTube do decide on exhaust for a vmax. Thinking either a aero 3030xl or maybe a magnaflow? The last vmax had a magnaflow and was wayyyyy too quiet.

Corsa sounds the best . Although I do have a borla on my 17 6.0 and it sounds like a boat…..which I love

·
Wookie on the Beat
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

New 12-13 mirrors on

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I can't remember it was on there when I bought it. It didn't sound aggressive at all. I wanna say it was a 18"? Maybe a lil bigger?
Go shorter, the 14” one was super aggressive in my rcsb I had but no drone. My brother had a borla on his k2 and fk that. Couldn’t hear yourself think in it at all. Sounded good outside but inside on a trip was ridiculous. Corsa sport is def best if you wanna do that but I have liked my magnaflows I’ve done

·
Wookie on the Beat
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Go shorter, the 14” one was super aggressive in my rcsb I had but no drone. My brother had a borla on his k2 and fk that. Couldn’t hear yourself think in it at all. Sounded good outside but inside on a trip was ridiculous. Corsa sport is def best if you wanna do that but I have liked my magnaflows I’ve done

I watched a few more videos on an 18" so we're gonna take the plunge on it today. Cutting the resonator off as well and keeping the factory exit. Don't see many vmax trucks on the road so trying to keep it classy with a lil razzle dazzle.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts