GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I'm about to buy this set of Baja MTZs 33x12.5x17. One is chipped pretty bad. Is it worth trying to salvage/mount? If no good it's still a good deal; $500 for three and some ford rims.
So $500 for only THREE tires and some rims you cant even use? No thanks

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I don't see any cords showing, and it looks like it just ripped off some excess meat there. Take a good look to make sure there are no cords showing through, and if it's mounted spray with soapy water and make sure it's not leaking there and holds air. I'd run it with that sound mounted inwards.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
they look around 80%.. but with that gouge, i wouldnt.. have you offered him something for the 2 good tires?

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Whats the date code on those things?

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,681 Posts
Looks like he wheeled with those tires and seeing is you are from HI I would assume it is really rocky. personally I would not spend over $300 as I would not run that tire long term.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
its a sidewall lug, wont affect anything if cords aren't showing

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
pretty much everything that needs to be said has been said.

check for exposed chords. if you can see any, stay away.

check the dot on the tire for when it was manufactured. anything older than 4 years, stay away. 6 years is the limit for tires and you want at least 2 years out of them right?

you can put it facing inwards, but i'd still want to glance at it every so often just to make sure things are still good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts