GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side seat in my 2012 has a chlorine stain I can't figure out what to do about it. I found out my seats weren't scotch guarded from my dealership. I don't want to put seat covers on. There isn't 19000 miles on it yet, would there be anything my warranty would do? I'm still within the 3 yrs because I bought it new in January of 2013. Or anybody know of any cleaners that would work?

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
Chlorine is a gas? Do you mean bleach or the brown residue chlorine leaves when it evaporates?

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
warranty won't cover you getting stains on your interior

scotch guard isn't a miracle cure-all for chemical stains

you could try to use some of the Adam's carpet and upholstery cleaner, if that doesn't work, you're probably looking at ordering a new seat cover from the dealer

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Sure its not a man-sauce stain?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No man sauce, lol. No i got inthe truck after the swimming pool one day and now there is about a 5x5 squarish spot where my trunks were still damp apparently. I didn't know if there was any chemical I could pull it out with or not.

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
Ah yea might as well call the dealer and order you a bottom seat cover. I wouldnt think it'd cost too much.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
No man sauce, lol. No i got inthe truck after the swimming pool one day and now there is about a 5x5 squarish spot where my trunks were still damp apparently. I didn't know if there was any chemical I could pull it out with or not.

There is wayyyy too much chlorine in that pool if it was enough to bleach your seat. And like others suggested, only fix is to order a new seat bottom cover.

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
Have you tried scrubbing it out with dawn dish soap? I dont see a pool having enough chlorine in it to stain your seats by leaving your damp shorts on your truck seat.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll try the Dawn soap first. Then probly check on the seat price. Thanks all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts