GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a dark green 03 SLE Z71.
Would like to get some caps for the mirrors but would chrome or painted look better?
And why did GM drop the chrome caps on the SLE & LS models anyway?
 

·
I'll Take teh Case!
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
I have painted, so I may be a bit biased in my opinion :anitoof: I just think it gives it that nice up-level look that should have come from the factory, but didn't (and the sad part is that everyone is going away from it...F*rd was the last one to include painted door handles and painted mirror caps on most of their trucks, but not anymore :()


airbalancer said:
And why did GM drop the chrome caps on the SLE & LS models anyway?
Dunno...like everything else in life, it probably cost a few cents less, so you know how they like to save those pennies...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Does anyone have instructions on painting the black plastic stuff? I have stock SLT mirrors right now with the chrome insert. I wanted to keep the chrome, but paint the black stuff pewter to match the truck.
 

·
Loves yoga pants
Joined
·
2,412 Posts
deltron said:
Does anyone have instructions on painting the black plastic stuff? I have stock SLT mirrors right now with the chrome insert. I wanted to keep the chrome, but paint the black stuff pewter to match the truck.
I vote for painted caps...mine are gettin done as we type.

I've heard that if you paint the entire mirror that you should not fold the mirrors in cause it could catch the painted surface and ship it.

Pat
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
OKLAGMCRUISER said:
I vote for painted caps...mine are gettin done as we type.

I've heard that if you paint the entire mirror that you should not fold the mirrors in cause it could catch the painted surface and ship it.

Pat

I fold in my mirrors all the time and they have never once caught the surface and chipped it. If I had gotten the all pewter door handles, then would have just put the pewter caps on it, but I'm sticking to the pewter/chrome scheme.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top