GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while deployed to iraq my rims went 6 months with out being cleaned and now they looked "stained" i was wondering if anyone has any idea how to get them nice and shiny again with out dumping money to get them rechromed or buying new ones??????

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
My polished rims were stained for a while and it drove me nuts. The mothers polish took them right off it just takes a little time. The polish works for chrome also so im guessing it has the same effect. I know i use it on my girls chrome wheels on her eclipse and it looks amazing. It also leaves a protective coating (kinda like waxing your truck) for your wheels which helps prevent staining.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is what im talking about.....

·
\m/ (-_-) \m/
1,204 Posts
Windex works awesome for chrome rims. I always use that. I also use megiuars (sp) Chrome wheel cleaner also when I am washing the truck then go back and clean them real good with windex. I usually spray the windex on a rag and clean the wheel then wipe off any extra with another rag.

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
Mother's makes two types of wheel cleaners, the one made specially for chrome seems to be more convenient and quicker. It comes in a liquid and the other one is another type of compound.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool thanks everyone i will try the mothers stuff. It seems like ive tried every thing but it doenst work so far. so i will try mothers next.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not sure how much you want to spend up front, but ZoopSeal works great for 2-3 years. About $99

http://www.zoopseal.com/zoopseal.asp

Protect all your polished aluminum, stainless steel and chrome parts from oxidation and eliminate the need for repeat polishing. Each deluxe kit covers 75 square feet. Easy to apply when following the instructions (and video) provided. Formulated for use on cars, trucks, boats motorcycles, engines, wheels and interior accessories. When applied properly ZoopSeal™ will:
Prevent dulling and oxidation
Retain the polished brightness and luster of aluminum
Eliminate the need for repeat polishing
Be long lasting*
Will work on aluminum, brass, and stainless steel
Be safe to use and environmentally friendly
Eliminate undesirable powder coating or chrome to chip, peel, and yellow.
----------------------------------------------

What is Zoopseal?
Zoopseal is a hybrid ceramic sealer, it is not a polish or wax. It is a protectorate.

What does a ceramic base sealer do?
It will impregnate into the pores of the product being treated, which will stop the process of oxidation immediately. A crisp, and clean appearance is the end result. Your product will continue to look like new without repolishing.

What can I use Zoopseal on?
Aluminum, Raw Aluminum, Brass, Chromed Plating, Stainless Steel, Anodized Aluminum Parts, Stainless Steel in Restaurant Kitchens, Outside Furniture, Awnings, and Paint.

How long does Zoopseal last on my product?
2 to 3 years.

When it is time to re-apply after 2 to 3 years, how and what are the steps?
You will need to re-condition your product if necessary and re-apply (you’ll need to re-order a Zoopseal Kit) using the same method as before. Just follow the Kit instructions and your product will continue to look like new.

Will Zoopseal rejuvenate or refurbish my product?
No, it will not. It will only protect from oxidation and dulling.

Will it harm the painted finishes on my car?
No it will not.

Will Zoopseal provide protection against fresh water?
Yes, but not against underwater abrasions.

What does salt water do to Zoopseal?
We recommend that you do not have your product immerged into salt water for a length of time (over 2 hours). If exposed to salt water use soapy water and wash off the salt within 2 hours. Salt water will cause your product to discolor.

How can I get Zoopseal off my product once it is applied?
By repolishing the product using any commercial polish.

What type of cleaners can be used on Zoopseal?
NO CAUSTIC OR ALKALINE CLEANERS. Only Zoops Cleaner is to be used on the product.

How much Zoopseal do I need on the lint free towel during the application process?
Very little!!! The towel should be barely damp, NOT WET!

Can I use Zoopseal on my radiator and will heat affect it?
Yes, you can use Zoopseal on a radiator. Heat from the radiator will help it to cure and make it stronger. We do not recommend putting Zoopseal on an exhaust, this heats up too much.

Can I use Zoopseal on Magnesium?
No, not yet, it is still being tested.

Can I use Zoopseal on Copper?
No, this has been tested.

Can I use Zoopseal on Fiberglass?
No, not yet, it is still being tested.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well yesterday i think i tried my last hope im down to either rechroming or buying new ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts