GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while now I've been interested in getting my tailgate handle smoothed and painted to match my Escalade door handles. Recently someone posted an Ebay auction for a chrome tailgate handle which I thought would finish off my Escalade handle look quite nicely...however I was not ready to throw down $80+ for just a handle and then still have to go through the trouble of painting the bezel myself. While searching the internet I found this site:

http://www.str8ballerz.com/Tailgate Handles and Bezels.htm

I guess my question is: has anyone dealt with these people before? Am I going to get screwed if I order their painted bezel and chrome handle combo? I realize that it isn't chrome plated, but I thought for the price difference I'd get the same look and probably no one could tell...plus even if I went with buying just the chrome cover, I'd still have to get the bezel painted somewhere (since I'm by no means a good painter) so I thought if I could save a few bucks and get everything at once to go ahead, but these small time internet retailers always worry me...

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Yeah I seen those on there too. I've known about that site for a while now but never heard of anybody that bought from them. I'm sure someone here has or knows somebody that did.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I was looking into that as well. I have the Escy Handles, but I was pondering the idea of just getting the painted on w/o the chrome because I think it would look cleaner with the roll pan and 03 tails.

what do you guys think.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm...I'm getting real tempted to just place my order as well...

The only question I had was with the chrome handle cover...does it use tape to stick on or is it some sort of clip system? Anyone have any idea?

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
02chevy said:
i bought my escalade handles from them, they are perfect and i got them in 4 days
Thats good to hear...especially since I cracked down and ordered it tonight :anitoof:

I couldn't resist...but hey "it's only money" :read:

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
i've been looking for this for a while now too, why the hell did i just buy a system i gotta go sell some drugs or somethin for 60 dollars

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Badassilverado said:
Either they're really fast or really slow...haven't heard anything from them. Could be one of those places where they just ship your order before even contacting you. I doubt it though, I haven't been charged yet either.
I just had the charge show up on my credit card bill (I can check it online). Did you use paypal?

I doubt they'll contact us, before they ship (esp. being on a weekend). I hope to expect my piece by Monday or Tuesday...I'll keep you guys updated...

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
did you guys get the handle yet, install that biatch

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Badassilverado said:
Naw I used the direct credit card method (used a debit.) Did you use paypal?
Yeah I used PayPal...but now that I look at my online statment again I noticed that they backdated the payment date to March 18. Oh well...

Kyle said:
did you guys get the handle yet, install that biatch
No handle as of yet...but hey today was Sunday so no mail...but I'll be sure to keep a good lookout for that UPS guy tomorrow :grin:

I want my damn Handle!! :bawl: Only thing I hate about internet buying...no instant results...lol

...but trust me...you guys will be the first to know what I install it :anitoof:

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
damnit did ya'll get the handles yet, what the hell...

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
i need to start concentrating on exterior mods now... i need some handles... if anyone has some layin around.. i'll give ya $5. :anitoof:

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
the site seems fishy :nono:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Saw this on the page for "escalade handles"

Please allow a 2 week Turnaround on
Painted handles

Looks like they would at least send you a "thank you for your order! Due to the custom aspect of these, there will be a two week turnaround on your order, we apologize for this inconviencence and appreciate your business!"

But i'll bet a dollar they didn't have the courtesy to do that :anitoof:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts