GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wanting to run a hot to the back of my truck to power some leds, well ive heard of people tapping into the cigarette lighter and running from there to the back, which wire behind the dash is it and can i easily get to the back of the lighters to get to the wire? or how do i remove the cigarette lighter out to get to the wires? it easy to remove?

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
A gentle pull.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, and my bad this is on a 1999 nbs sierra, and well i tried the 12 volt at the trailer plug and for some reason mine doesnt have power there,is there a fuse for it? mines the SL model with no power anything to which is maybe why it dont work, but idk. maybe you all might know more, and where else could i power my lights from then at the back of the truck thats hot all the time? sorry im not the best at wiring and idk want to mess with the fuse box cause idk how or id try finding and running just a hot from there

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and one other question anyways is where do the cig lighters get power from anyways? like is there a fuse for them or what? like i cant find them in like a Hanes manual either

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
like u need a 30A fuse in like the fuse box to like get constant 12v power at the plug.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the 30A fuse to get power for the cig lighters at the plug? sorry if im over complicating this wiring shouldnt be this freaking hard to do

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
like ur just making it like harder than it like should be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts