GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my brother in law just got a white 05 Duramax 4x4 Hd, and we were talking about tryin to level it with green keys and a 3" body... we are gonna do the body lift right with gap guards and raise the bumpers back up... but we are also gonna try to darked the fram good by cleaning it up and painting it and put some nice white step bars on it to try and hide it. But we both wanna see some pics of HD's with body lifts if they have steps bars or not. Show me what yall got.

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
I can't help with any pics other than the ones you can see on the performance accesories website. I think it will look good with nfabs

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
body lift on a HD? I think it would show way to much frame without anyother lift

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
search for bigblue02HD
Yeah, i know who your talkin about, but his truck is up on 37's with a body lift and a suspension lift! Thats way bigger than i was thinkin! But maybe your talkin about some old pics when he only had the body or something??

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Bigblue02Hd at one time had it just on a body lift with 35's. Send him a pm for pics or maybe he'll chime in.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Here's some of my old pics:

16x8's, 305's, 3" BL, Green Keys, 2" rear blks, BDS shocks (this is the day after the 3" BL install, gap guards not installed yet.)

16x8's, 315's, 3" BL, Green keys, 2" rear blks, BDS shocks:

16x10's, 315's, 3"BL, Green keys, 2" rear blks, BDS shocks, nerf bars:

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
really the best thing to do is get one for a non-max and then do the other shit yourself. saves some $$$

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey BigBlue, how bad were your angles on your HD when you had the green keys leveled with the 2" block in the back? Thanks!

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
I tell you how green keys in an HD rides, LIKE A BRICK and mine aren't even cranked much. Crank your stock keys, it rides much better imo

·
Registered
585 Posts
I tell you how green keys in an HD rides, LIKE A BRICK and mine aren't even cranked much. Crank your stock keys, it rides much better imo
Damn straight! I had green keys in the 04. I simply cranked the bars about 6-8 turns on the 07 and it rides 500% better.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
I can tell you this. My truck rode pretty rough with the stock shocks and green keys cranked up 1/2 way with 16x8's with 315's. I got new 2" longer than stock shocks, and the ride was decent again. Then I got the brainstorm to try and clear the 315's on 16x10's. They rubbed some on the inner plastic, so I trimmed alittle bit, and cranked the keys up some more. The ride was back to being pretty harsh, plus the upper aarm was bottoming out on the upper aarm bumpstop which sounded terrible and made the ride even worse. I had no downtravel. There was only about 1/4" between the upper aarm and the bumpstop at ride height. So, after driving like that for a couple monthes, I got fed up, and ordered my Cognito. If I had left the 16x8's on the truck, it was fine. But trying to clear the x10's with very little backspacing wasn't the best idea.

Heres a couple pics I have:

CV angles:

Upper A-arm bumpstop:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks 8.1 Hd, that was exactly what I was looking for! It looks great!

·
Blown Big Block
980 Posts
no problem...also FYI..I have personally installed a BL on a Dmax...if you have any questions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts