GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed, polished, and waxed it this weekend. BTW...I really hate the rake on this thing.

If anyone has a really mellow toned muffler on a 5.3, I'd like to hear a clip. :D

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whifflebat said:
Did you put it in 4x4 to get it that far offroad? :think:

:crazy: :D

I had to use 4 low. That gravel was a PITA to climb through. The bfg's performed surprisingly well. :crazy:

I just didn't want all the contrast of the bright gravel in the pics.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
man that thing looks lowered in the front? :think: maybe needs new TBs, tahoe bars are very weak.

as for a mellow muffler, im hearin good things about the 50 delta flow from flowmaster. i wouldnt mind havin one to quiet things down a bit

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
1,214 Posts
i like the stock z tahoe wheels...did you put those on?

·
Bama Man
163 Posts
nice. have you ever thought of not using a muffler at all? ive got a buddy w/ an 02 z71 with just a cat and it sounds great. he just replaced the muffler with a y-pipe. it also sounded really good and deep on my truck, but it just wasnt loud enough for me :nono: , so i cut the cat off too. :rocking:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jeff said:
man that thing looks lowered in the front? :think: maybe needs new TBs, tahoe bars are very weak.

as for a mellow muffler, im hearin good things about the 50 delta flow from flowmaster. i wouldnt mind havin one to quiet things down a bit

new TB's on a 03? :think:

I refuse to put a flowmaster on anything that I own. I've been thinking of the magnaflow 15566.

I didn't plan on lifting it. I think I'll just level it out, for now.

NO. I did NOT put these wheels on. I still have the stockers, but I'm using them for my winter wheels.

As for not using a muffler at all....I ran straights on my old truck for a while, but that was in high school.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Badassilverado said:
Are you going to lift that biatch? It does look kinda low..

Get a Magnaflow if you want no resonance :imo

The NBS 1/2 ton SUV's sit pathetically low. We had one at philmont, and we simply pushed the 4x4 switches back into the dash and covered them up with a piece of plastic, and EVERYONE thought it was a 2wd.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
BhamZ71 said:
nice. have you ever thought of not using a muffler at all? ive got a buddy w/ an 02 z71 with just a cat and it sounds great. he just replaced the muffler with a y-pipe. it also sounded really good and deep on my truck, but it just wasnt loud enough for me :nono: , so i cut the cat off too. :rocking:
With no mufflers wouldn't there be a lot of popping? I know that is what happened when we put a cutout on our 98 T/A. Wonder what this would sound like on the 6.0. :think:

Bad ass tahoe BTW :rocking: :D

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jeff said:
magnaflows drone around 2k rpms ussually
even the large body? I'd think they would be much quieter. I just want it to be a little deeper than stock and sound nice at WOT, but calm when cruising in the city.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
All stock Tahoes sit that low in the front. I hate the rake on them. Just crank the bars up enough so that it sits level. Shouldnt change ride quality at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts