GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what you guys use to clean the inside of your windshield? I have used everything and i cant seem to get rid of the streaking on the inside of the glass. Its like some kind of film, oh yea I dont smokle so i dont know what it is. :crazy:

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Rubbing alcohol or stoners invisible glass. You could also try spraying the window with cleaner and then go over it with a fresh razor blade.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Auto store

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I also use invisible glass in conjuction with some microfiber glass towels. So far my favorite combo and it works really well. Last I checked, wal mart had the cheapest invisible glass.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I work on computers all day and Fridays are sooooooo Slooooooow!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Vinegar and water and alcohol in a spray bottle , The vinegar will cut the smoke film the alcohol will cause a fast evaporation of the solution , Should be the best of the best to handle the glass cleaning

Commercial window cleaners use water with a few drops of dawn dish liquid and then water as a rinse . This also works well but for smoke use the above method.,

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
stoners invisible glass, ftw. they now have it in a squirt bottle:imo used to only carry it in aerosol around here

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Invisible Glass is the stuff to use. I had this problem too, it took a while cleaning over and over again but IG finally got it done.

Just a tip when cleaning your glass, wipe the outside side to side, and the inside up and down. That way when streaks show up you know wht side of the glass they're on.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Stoner's Invisible Glass. I think even Wal-mart sells it. Has a yellow cap. And, I clean my windows with newspapers/

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
That film that you are seeing is the abs plastic in your interior breaking down due to heat and sunlight.

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
Stoner's Invisible Glass. I think even Wal-mart sells it. Has a yellow cap. And, I clean my windows with newspapers/
x2

I plan on doing my whole truck today. Stoners and Newspaper!

Yep, crumpled up newspaper to wipe it off with. Try it if you think we're nuts. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts