GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
orale vato! arriba!
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i washed, clay bared a little bit and waxed the top of the volvo today, it didnt turn out to bad, of course when you get real close and see the trunk lid or hood you can see all these scratches but hey its not bad for a 19 year old car.
HPIM1380.jpg

HPIM1381.jpg

HPIM1382.jpg

HPIM1383.jpg

that top really shines!
HPIM1384.jpg

Im rollin on 14's

·
orale vato! arriba!
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good for 19 years old! My friend has one and just beats the hell out of it.
yea man i happen to like taking care of my cars so they last. i bought for a commuter not to shit all over it.

looks good :) clean up them headlights though!!
yea how do you do that anyways? 1000 grit sand paper??

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
You can, but I always prefer to try something less aggressive. If interested, I have a cordless drill adaptor that will let you put some 4" pads on it. Then have at it w/ your polishes. Do a yellow pad first w/ an strong polish/compound, follow w/ an orange pad and light polish, then seal it, wax it, etc :) Just make sure to tape off the surrounding areas (ie: hood, bumper, etc).

·
orale vato! arriba!
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can, but I always prefer to try something less aggressive. If interested, I have a cordless drill adaptor that will let you put some 4" pads on it. Then have at it w/ your polishes. Do a yellow pad first w/ an strong polish/compound, follow w/ an orange pad and light polish, then seal it, wax it, etc :) Just make sure to tape off the surrounding areas (ie: hood, bumper, etc).
:hmm: well is the i guess you could call it "frosted" lenses, is that yellow crap on the out side of the headlight or do i have to pull it off and clean the inside of it also?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
:hmm: well is the i guess you could call it "frosted" lenses, is that yellow crap on the out side of the headlight or do i have to pull it off and clean the inside of it also?
The large majority of it builds on the outside of the lense. Some minor dirt and debris will make its way into some headlight lenses depending on how well they're sealed. Just polishing the outside will make the most noticeable difference. No need to really clean the inside once you see how well the outsides clear up :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts