GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I decided to clean up the front wheel wheels of the truck. basically touch up paint, do the rotors, calipers, undercoat a few pieces, etc. here are some shots:

DSCN1713.jpg

DSCN1714.jpg

DSCN1718.jpg

also took my sway bar off because the lower bushings were torn to shit

DSCN1715.jpg

DSCN1716.jpg

DSCN1717.jpg

then i noticed a little wear on my bags from when they hit the control arms

DSCN1719.jpg

DSCN1720.jpg

DSCN1721.jpg

this is when shit hit the fan. i put a lil air in the bags so i could take it off the jack stands..then.....BANG...wtf was that?

DSCN1722.jpg

DSCN1723.jpg

upper balljoint seperated from the control arm. the lower piece is still bolted in, the upper piece is still pressed in, but the center part is what shattered into three pieces. FYI; these were brand new in july. advance auto junk, time for moog

DSCN1725.jpg

DSCN1724.jpg

lucky i wasnt driving when they let go. doing all of them over, with MOOG, idc if the other ones are still ok or not. going to have to get up early tomorrow to rip out the upper control arms on both sides so i can bring them to work with me to press in the new ones. ill do the lower ones as myself since theyre bolt on.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
now im worried about my balljoints

glad you werent driving when they went

·
This is a bunch of shit!
1,943 Posts
Way to make me feel good about my BJ that's popping. I guess I won't be driving my Tahoe the rest of the week.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Damn, that sucks.

Go Moog. Best thing ever. 60,000 miles on mine from lowered to lifted and still in amazing shape.

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im hopeing the MOOGs last. ill be scared to shit about driving my truck now, especially on the highway.

i also hope those bags are ok, gotta lil wear on them

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I had a ball joint break on my truck when I first bagged it..replaced them with MOOGs and haven't had a problem since..and that's been almost 3 years.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
the bags should hold up till you get new ones. I know ive used bags that had rub marks pretty bad and they held for a year or so.

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i just dont want them to blow on me. absolutely sucks. i need lineX, hydroboost, tub the front more, gotta pay for my new tires, now i should replace the bags too!

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
:roflmao: daaaaaaammmmmmnnnn.

well, i guess i know not to let Nick work on any future trucks of mine... :uhoh:

:crazy:

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:roflmao: daaaaaaammmmmmnnnn.

well, i guess i know not to let Nick work on any future trucks of mine... :uhoh:

:crazy:
not his fault! its mine for buying the shitty parts.

my truck wouldve ended up like yours if i was driving :uhoh:

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
the bags are dual layered I know that, so I'd say they will be fine. Lets just take care of where it's rubbing now and not worry too much.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
not his fault! its mine for buying the shitty parts.

my truck wouldve ended up like yours if i was driving :uhoh:
:roflsquared: i know it's not Nick's fault.

looks like all you need to do is grind the UCA a wee bit and it should be all set.

want to buy some Moog lower ball joints while you're at it? i have some. :)

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
I recently replaced my upper BJs with Advance Auto's parts :uhoh: But there's no way it was worse than before, MY UPPER BJs WERE OEM, AS IN NEVER CHANGED IN 160,000+ MILES!!!! I could grab the top of my tire and move it back and forth while on the ground there was so much play.

I'll order some Moogs for piece of mind though...

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
glad i went with moog :crazy: sorry to hear about it though man, i had a shitty ass day too though if it makes ya feel any better.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
lol and i have a shitty ass truck if that makes you feel any better. yours is like a full blown show truck next to mine

1 - 20 of 57 Posts