GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had a decent weekend and got my truck all cleaned up, and put my Tow mirrors on. Then ofcourse, it rained last night before i had a chance to get a bunch of pictures with my camera, so all i have are these cell pics...

Still have to either recondition the cladding or paint it - Undecided, but it looks like POOP right now, mostly the sail panels and front bumper.

SU1BRzAwMjEuanBn.jpg

SU1BRzAwMjAuanBn.jpg

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
they dont really fit the truck :imo

mothers Back2Black polish works well on plastic cladding but doesnt last that long.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have them for functionality / legality when towing the boat and snowmobile trailers...They are growing on me

I'll tell you what though - Feels like driving a Semi...

·
Formerly "kwonchoba"
995 Posts
Shit if i can tow with my canyon with street scene mirrors that are small as shit you should be able to tow with regular ones lol

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they dont really fit the truck :imo

mothers Back2Black polish works well on plastic cladding but doesnt last that long.
Thats what i used to use...its looks great till it rains and washes down the paint and its a pain in the ass to get off...Never again - There is some shit called "refinish restorer" i am going to try. I guess it bonds chemically to the plastic, and brings back the original color - We'll see.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Thats what i used to use...its looks great till it rains and washes down the paint and its a pain in the ass to get off...Never again - There is some shit called "refinish restorer" i am going to try. I guess it bonds chemically to the plastic, and brings back the original color - We'll see.
What about "Forever Black"? Have you tried that before?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shit if i can tow with my canyon with street scene mirrors that are small as shit you should be able to tow with regular ones lol
In Michigan - Legally you have to be able to see around whatever you are towing, plus with my boat or my snowmobile trailers i can't see around them, so...serves two purposes i guess.

With the Toyo's and Leveled - I don't think it looks too bad :shrug:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Might need to level those bad boys off right quick though...

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
As much as I love tows, I too am caught off guard here...I can see where they might grown on me...Definitely needs some lift, wider stance, def paint all that plastic. THEN post some pics!

I too got my tows for functionality pulling my trailer 5 days a week and they make a huuuggee difference in being able to see the mowers/trimmer & blower racks and especially backing it up within less than an inch of my garage wall.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Might need to level those bad boys off right quick though...
I put 5 washers between the mirror and door, and they still have a slight lean...after taking it apart 4 times i said fuck it - They were REALLY bad before i put the washers in...Guess i need thicker washers...:banghead:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
:lol: Sorry, but 5 washers! This might be a real stupid question, but where are you placing the washers? 2 maybe 3 is all you would need for the tops screws, and nothing on the bottom. Then some bigger washers behind the big spring to put some tension back on it.

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Level them out for sure, and it would look alot better with a wider stance. That's the only way to pull the tows off :IMO:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:lol: Sorry, but 5 washers! This might be a real stupid question, but where are you placing the washers? 2 maybe 3 is all you would need for the tops screws, and nothing on the bottom. Then some bigger washers behind the big spring to put some tension back on it.
There is only one screw on top - I placed them on the top screw in between the back of the top screw and where it will sit against the door.

None on the bottom.

What spring are you talking about?

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
you need to take the plastic cover off in between the mirror forks and place the washers behind the bracket.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'm not really feeling them on that truck. But i can totally understand the functionality part.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts