GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have the money right now to etch and coat my garage floor, but I really want to try to get some of the spots up and just get the whole floor looking cleaner overall.... I've noticed that the dirty floor really makes the garage look darker than other garages with fresh clean cement... What can I use to get oil spots and just general staining from any automotive fluids up?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try brake cleaner or some soap with a pressure washer. Something you can do to prevent from having to clean up alot that we do at my work is put down a big cut down cardboard box where it gets the messiest (sp?). We do it at my work and it helps us from having to mop our stalls/bays so much.

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Try brake cleaner or some soap with a pressure washer. Something you can do to prevent from having to clean up alot that we do at my work is put down a big cut down cardboard box where it gets the messiest (sp?). We do it at my work and it helps us from having to mop our stalls/bays so much.
I also keep an old school oil pan handy for cleaning parts, and for catching any drips. Home Depot sells a garage floor cleaner, it's like a prep for doing an epoxy kit, suppose to work real well...

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
use a degreaser or if you can get your hands on a hotsy that will cut all that shit right off. we use one every 3 months at work on the drive thru to get all the dropped oil off the pavement. looks almost new after he does it

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Muriatic acid :imo

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to muratic acid the floor for sure before I put down an epoxy coating, however I don't have the money just yet for the floor coating, so I was just looking to get it cleaned up and maybe a little lighter... I'm finding that the dark ass floor is really hurting the light in the garage. My brother has a new 27X36 with 12 ft. ceilings, and it seems like because of his clean concrete floor, one light makes his shop as light as mine is with 6 lights with an 8ft. ceiling... :think:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Muriatic acid :imo
......that's what's up :D I did my garage floor with the Epoxy Coat system that you do yourself and it turned out great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts