GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by SierraRollinDubz
Can you use billet polish for chrome wheels?
The container I have says Mag & Aluminum Polish and it says it's perfect for all metals. I don't know what the billet guys use.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Its too much for for me...everytime I clean my truck, I just decide to go take it out muddin or something again...no point in keepin it really clean for me.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Stu Meat said:
Soap, water, and a lot of manuel labor. :D
soap is bad for raw billet. Some one weas explaining how that when u use car washing soap on billet, it geting into the pores of the metal. Makes it look dull. He recommend hiting it with simple green, and use that to get the dirt off the rims.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I clean mine while washing the truck everytime with a washmit and about once i month i polish them with mothers mag and aluminum polish :) its alot of work, but very worth it in the end :head2:

·
Registered
639 Posts

I used some free stuff I got dont remember who makes it. But funk that I am getting these wheels CHROMED! tired of polishing....too much work.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
atomoverride said:
I used some free stuff I got dont remember who makes it. But funk that I am getting these wheels CHROMED! tired of polishing....too much work.
I made sure my new wheels were chrome so I could avoid polishing them, besides I already have a set of these to take all my polishing time, heh. My other truck is a '55 Chevy Pro-Street sitting on 15x14 wheels in the back, still under construction :weld:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
raw billet. I don't have a clear coat on my rims. I used to wash my rims with soap, and they would look like shit after about 2 washes. I can get by for like a month now and the rims still look bad ass.

I use Blue Magic... that stuff is badass :rocking:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts