GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
GMC Owner
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GMC lights on my 02 are just starting to haze up a little on the tops. What I'm wondering is how do you guys that have buffed them out keep them from hazing again? I was thinking of wetsanding with like 600 and spraying automotive clear over them so I can wash and wax just like the rest of the truck. My 3rd brake light is the same way if anybody has any suggestions for that either...

·
Built Not Bought
532 Posts
I always sand hazed lights down with like 600 or 800 depending on how bad they are and clear them with automotive clear they will look like new again.

·
Registered
764 Posts
My GMC lights on my 02 are just starting to haze up a little on the tops. What I'm wondering is how do you guys that have buffed them out keep them from hazing again? I was thinking of wetsanding with like 600 and spraying automotive clear over them so I can wash and wax just like the rest of the truck. My 3rd brake light is the same way if anybody has any suggestions for that either...
I have never seen haze where wet sanding with 1000 then 2000 followed with a buffing compound then follow with plastic polish. To prevent the fade again follow up with polish occasionally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts