GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone else have an issue with the clear coat being scratched way easier than one would think it should? I have a 2019 Z71 Midnight Edition and I keep finding scratches and chips all over it in the clear coat. I’ve had it for 5 months and it looks like someone rubbed sandpaper across the roof. I’ve only ever hand washed it and I use two buckets for the sponge and I blot dry using clean microfiber tow 9Apps – Download 9Apps Free Fast Install for Android 2020els. On the hood there’s little circles where the clear coat is just gone. Is this a common problem? Is it something GM would fix? Solitaire

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
It’s not just gm. It’s all brands. And black is THE WORST when it comes to showing them.

No gm won’t do anything about it. Because the scratches are caused by careless washes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,621 Posts
You ladies ever use a rotary... cut my teeth on a rotary back in 1975 using a wool pad, shooting rooster tails of compound while buffing out fresh acrylic lacquer paint. You girls should stick with the dual action polishers so you won't burn the paint or get your pigtails caught in the buffer's shaft 😂

Jeweling clear with a rotary using a superfine polish and a zero mechanical cut pad.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,360 Posts
You ladies ever use a rotary... cut my teeth on a rotary back in 1975 using a wool pad, shooting rooster tails of compound while buffing out fresh acrylic lacquer paint. You girls should stick with the dual action polishers so you won't burn the paint or get your pigtails caught in the buffer's shaft

Jeweling clear with a rotary using a superfine polish and a zero mechanical cut pad.

That is how my old man thought me in high school. Still have the one he thought me with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts