GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, when im done putting the layers of tint on my taillights would duplicolor clear work as a clear coat.. as long as a put a many few layers of clear on? thanks in advance...

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
rattle can clear SUCKS. I had to re-do my shocks because of it. I will never touch it again.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
What about automotive grade clear rattle can? Or do they make that?! I've never used a gun before but would like to try. How much do they run and where can you find them? A cheap one too!

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
loki from fsc used pactra spray tint and it looks sweet as hell... i think he did 3 layers and then did automotive... but how much would it cost for me to use automotive clear? i dont have access to a gun... ;\

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
brock said:
loki from fsc used pactra spray tint and it looks sweet as hell... i think he did 3 layers and then did automotive... but how much would it cost for me to use automotive clear? i dont have access to a gun... ;\
Really? I used to use that a lot painting RC bodies. I thought about that at one time. Loki's looks good as hell!

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I got my touch up gun from lowes for 50 bucks. I've done some pretty cool stuff with it considering how cheap it was. As for clear coat, you can pick it up at auto paint stores for about 30 a quart i believe. Not a bad price at all considering the results you will get...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts