GMC Truck Forum banner

Clear corners and DRL?

Question 
2K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  HankScorpio 
#1 ·
OK I just installed my clear corner lights and noticed the first bulb is never lit. So I think the first bulb is the DRL correct? Second is the amber turn signal and the 3rd is the flashing part of the turn signal correct? I'm just not sure why my inside lights never work? Any ideas?

#3 ·
#6 ·
is it in backwards? that style wedge bulb has a proper way to be in the socket
All the others work maybe I put in backwards? I am right in the sequence of the lights though?

#7 ·
just mess with it...it will turn on eventually

#8 ·
All the others work maybe I put in backwards? I am right in the sequence of the lights though?
Yes, the inner 3157 light is the DRL, outer amber 3157 is the turn signal, then there's a small amber bulb on the corner that works with the signal as well.

The DRL sockets are notorious for crapping out. The bulb might be good and you might have a bad socket.

#9 ·
Yes, the inner 3157 light is the DRL, outer amber 3157 is the turn signal, then there's a small amber bulb on the corner that works with the signal as well.

The DRL sockets are notorious for crapping out. The bulb might be good and you might have a bad socket.
:worship: I did notice the socket had a little browning on the inside like it got really hot. I will check to see if there is even power. :shake:

#11 ·
lol exactly, the truck has to be in gear.

So put your truck in gear, run out and check if they're lit and jump back in your truck before it crashes into a tree.

#12 ·
lol exactly, the truck has to be in gear.

So put your truck in gear, run out and check if they're lit and jump back in your truck before it crashes into a tree.

LMAO, I guess i should of phrased that to turn your key on, dont start it, put the E-BRAKE on, put into gear, and then go look/check voltages.

:shake: Trying to save lives here! :crazy:

#13 ·
LMAO, I guess i should of phrased that to turn your key on, dont start it, put the E-BRAKE on, put into gear, and then go look/check voltages.

:shake: Trying to save lives here! :crazy:
They still dont come on so I guess sockets are next.

#16 ·
i say who gives a phuck. drl's are gay :imo:
Amber DRL's on a blue truck look mean IMO (that's what I have) I also bought 3 wire sockets for the DRL's and wired them in with the parking lights so they I have a wide parking light under the headlights like the GMT400 trucks had.

#20 ·
or look in the reflection of your truck in the tailgate of a truck in front of you. That's how i found out mine were blown out.

FWIW, the ricer blue 'xenon' bulbs at CSK/Oreileys comes with a year warranty. ;) I keep the package and the reciept in the center console and when they blow out, i roll by checker and get me a new pair for free.

#21 ·
Well i replaced both sockets and they still did not work. Turned out to be the light sensor 13 bucks from the dealer.

#22 ·
Should of left it. I put my old 3157 leds in there backwards just so they wont ever turn on.

#23 ·
Should of left it. I put my old 3157 leds in there backwards just so they wont ever turn on.
Well my headlights would stay on all the time because the sensor was bad. So you think i should just drive around with my headlights on 24/7?

#24 ·
No you press the dome override 4 times haha and actually i do with my hid's so ya... Plus mine always pop on now with the new tint, cant wait to see what they do once I tint the shield tomorrow

#25 ·
No you press the dome override 4 times haha and actually i do with my hid's so ya... Plus mine always pop on now with the new tint, cant wait to see what they do once I tint the shield tomorrow
I have been doing that for like a year now and I was sick of it. spent 13 bucks and now I never have to push the dome overide FTW

#26 ·
I have been doing that for like a year now and I was sick of it. spent 13 bucks and now I never have to push the dome overide FTW
well i suppose thats true then... what bulbs you runnin in your clears? honestly if your running basic bulbs i recommend using v-leds.com makes it look sweet as hell. i run some 25 buck ones that have leds on the front side and back and light up the whole thing, likewise with the 194... the first time i bought led's i ran the one that just shot light out of the front, what a waste of 20 bucks, so those are my drl's now :crazy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.