GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I just installed my clear corner lights and noticed the first bulb is never lit. So I think the first bulb is the DRL correct? Second is the amber turn signal and the 3rd is the flashing part of the turn signal correct? I'm just not sure why my inside lights never work? Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is it in backwards? that style wedge bulb has a proper way to be in the socket
All the others work maybe I put in backwards? I am right in the sequence of the lights though?

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
just mess with it...it will turn on eventually

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
All the others work maybe I put in backwards? I am right in the sequence of the lights though?
Yes, the inner 3157 light is the DRL, outer amber 3157 is the turn signal, then there's a small amber bulb on the corner that works with the signal as well.

The DRL sockets are notorious for crapping out. The bulb might be good and you might have a bad socket.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, the inner 3157 light is the DRL, outer amber 3157 is the turn signal, then there's a small amber bulb on the corner that works with the signal as well.

The DRL sockets are notorious for crapping out. The bulb might be good and you might have a bad socket.
:worship: I did notice the socket had a little browning on the inside like it got really hot. I will check to see if there is even power. :shake:

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
Make sure when you check to make sure it has power that you turn the key on put it in gear (park and neutral will not give you power). Just an FYI...

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
lol exactly, the truck has to be in gear.

So put your truck in gear, run out and check if they're lit and jump back in your truck before it crashes into a tree.

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
lol exactly, the truck has to be in gear.

So put your truck in gear, run out and check if they're lit and jump back in your truck before it crashes into a tree.

LMAO, I guess i should of phrased that to turn your key on, dont start it, put the E-BRAKE on, put into gear, and then go look/check voltages.

:shake: Trying to save lives here! :crazy:

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LMAO, I guess i should of phrased that to turn your key on, dont start it, put the E-BRAKE on, put into gear, and then go look/check voltages.

:shake: Trying to save lives here! :crazy:
They still dont come on so I guess sockets are next.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
i say who gives a phuck. drl's are gay :imo:
Amber DRL's on a blue truck look mean IMO (that's what I have) I also bought 3 wire sockets for the DRL's and wired them in with the parking lights so they I have a wide parking light under the headlights like the GMT400 trucks had.

·
"God Damn Buick Regal"
1,555 Posts
does anyone know the part number for the drl socket?? one of mine is broke to peices...

·
┌∩┐(º_º)┌∩┐
363 Posts
or look in the reflection of your truck in the tailgate of a truck in front of you. That's how i found out mine were blown out.

FWIW, the ricer blue 'xenon' bulbs at CSK/Oreileys comes with a year warranty. ;) I keep the package and the reciept in the center console and when they blow out, i roll by checker and get me a new pair for free.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts