GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got through clearing the guage needles. tell me what you think.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All i did was pull the guage cluster out, popped off the lens thing, made a note of where all the needles were, then popped them off with a fork. Then you just take a razor blade and scrape off the orange from the back of the needles. Put it back together and your done. Pretty simple. i wanna see some pics if anyone else does it. peace

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Looks good to me Skyler:head:
On a somewhat funny note, my teacher would always call me Skyler, I don't know how he got that from David, but whatever :crazy:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I did that about a year and a half ago, except I sanded the back to fog them out some, makes them easier to read.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
you can clear the needles using paint thinner also... i think it would be easier than just scrapping the paint off

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
i have a denali cluster i havent put in yet because im saving to get a stainless steel over lay, but the needles on the denali are already clear'd out. your cluster looks sick.

·
Registered
639 Posts
bagged01extcab said:
Looks good! I will be doing mine soon also! Except I will be painting mine red to match my air gauges!

Trey
I just went with a Hummer H2 Cluster, the needles were red already, and the face was white. Plus its GM Authroized part, but I did change the bezel around it and went with a Escalade Platinum edition one.

Red needles are pretty sweet, theres a site selling just needles though. Happens to be one of this sites perfered vendors

Needles @ StreetInspiredLongCompanyNameKustoms.com

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
for the position of the needles, you just have to kinda remember. i wrote down the general location, and then just messed with them for a lil bit to get them set again.for the oil pressure and the tach, you can turn the key on (don't start your truck), then just put them at the "zero" line. put the speedo right above the stopper, and the battery and gas guages will have to ba a memory thing. you don't really have to have them dead on because the dummy light will come on at the same time no matter what the needles say.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts