GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I posted this somewhere else here, but no one seemed to know what I was talking about. I'm not sure if such a thing even exsists, but if it did I'm sure you guys would know about it. What I want is just the reflector from the headlamp assembly (Denali or Regular doesn't matter) that is clear/white. Below is a pic I got off of ebay for some aftermarket projection headlamps:

96_1.jpg

This is what I'm talking about...but mind you I just want he reflector part...not the whole assembly. Money is tight and I'd rather have rims than some un-reliable aftermarket profection headlamps so if I could just get the reflector part I would be happy. Anyone know if such a thing is made and if so where I can get them?

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Sorry never seen just the reflector part. That would be nice but I'd have to open up my dam headlights again!

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
No he wants just reflector part in clear instead of amber so he can replace his amber one with a clear one by doing the headlight mod.

·
Registered
15 Posts
basically you just want to get rid of the orange reflecter. The only thing I don't know but by the sounds of carbondogg's reply that this could be the case. I am not sure how the headlights are assembled. What I have done on my fiance's car to get rid of the reflector was cheap didn't cost me but a tube of silicone. It took four hours and a 12 pack, beer cost extra. You can disassemble the headlight.

Take a heat gun or hair dryer and heat up the joint where the clear lense meets the headlight assembly. slowly but surely the silicone that seals the light will get hot enough that you can gently pry the two pices apart. once you get the clear lense off pull out the reflecter. Clean the old silicone off both pieces then apply new silicone and put the pieces together. thats it. I am considering doing it to my truck but like I said before I am not totaly sure how these headlights are assembled. I can get more detailed instructions if you feel like tackling this.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Yeah that's what he's talking about. That's what me and a lot of GMC owners on here have done but he's wanting to put a clear lens back in when he takes the amber one out.

·
Registered
639 Posts
well first let me say that that picture you posted.....its CLEARED the denali lights have that reflective coating in the outter lense itself...thats just what it looks like when you take out the orange thinggiee....

I dont think your going to find a reflector that is clear for your lights. Maybe theres a way to use chemicals or something to make the orange one bleached clear?

or you could contact the company that makes the lights with the clear lense and ask them to purcahse the reflector. But I think that only fits denali lights.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
atomoverride said:
well first let me say that that picture you posted.....its CLEARED the denali lights have that reflective coating in the outter lense itself...thats just what it looks like when you take out the orange thinggiee....

I dont think your going to find a reflector that is clear for your lights. Maybe theres a way to use chemicals or something to make the orange one bleached clear?

or you could contact the company that makes the lights with the clear lense and ask them to purcahse the reflector. But I think that only fits denali lights.
I disagree, it just has a "white" reflector in it instead of the orange one and was built this way since it is an aftermarket lense and not an OEM piece.

If you take the reflector out of the denali light it will have empty space there just like a normal sierra light will. The denali light has a drilled hole behind the reflector as well :pissed:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Badassilverado said:
You can clear them without it why a reflector?
I know you can...I just don't like that empty slot look you get when you pop the amber one out...plus it would be different. I've never seen a GMC with the clear reflectors...kind of like the clear corners you can by for the 99-02 Silverados that have a clear reflector.

·
Registered
15 Posts
HumanZoom said:
I know you can...I just don't like that empty slot look you get when you pop the amber one out...plus it would be different. I've never seen a GMC with the clear reflectors...kind of like the clear corners you can by for the 99-02 Silverados that have a clear reflector.
Anyone gotta link for these? the silverado version.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2ksilverado said:
Anyone gotta link for these? the silverado version.
What I was referring to was the corner lights for the Silverado (since the amber reflector is in the corners, when you buy clear corners you get a clear reflector).

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Badassilverado said:
Then people will think you were conned into buying aftermarket clears :anitoof:

I like that chrome look it leaves IMO. They're probably out there somewhere though.
:LOL: lol...definately don't want that...OEM all the way :read:

Actually I don't mind the chrome look...but it just looks like something is missing. And even if others don't notice it...it bothers me...lol...but I'm a bit anal and sometimes I make a big deal out of nothing. Plus, just checking my options out first time around....didn't want to open my lamps to remove the amber then find out they make a clear reflector and then have to open them up again (BTW....I'm also lazy :anitoof:)

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
HumanZoom said:
:LOL: lol...definately don't want that...OEM all the way :read:

Actually I don't mind the chrome look...but it just looks like something is missing. And even if others don't notice it...it bothers me...lol...but I'm a bit anal and sometimes I make a big deal out of nothing. Plus, just checking my options out first time around....didn't want to open my lamps to remove the amber then find out they make a clear reflector and then have to open them up again (BTW....I'm also lazy :anitoof:)
Yeah that would be shitty to open em and find out that somebody makes it! It happens to me all the time. Not headlights though. Just open them bitches up and rip out the amber! Well don't rip it out cause you don't want to damage the chrome part or get finger prints inside, Then you'd never get em out!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts