GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I'll Take teh Case!
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I'm pretty new here so I don't know if this has been covered...

I guess I want to begin with the fact that I bought a set of mirror caps from you guys a while back and I received excellent service. I just had a quick question about you custom tail lights. I noticed some new flame ones displayed (pictured below).



It looks from the picture that the original tails were clear. So here is my question. I've been looking for some clear tails for my sportside (not euros) but it seems they dont make them anymore. Is there a way you can clear out the stock ones or did you purchase these clear and just painted the flames over them?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
228 Posts
HumanZoom said:
Hey! I'm pretty new here so I don't know if this has been covered...

I guess I want to begin with the fact that I bought a set of mirror caps from you guys a while back and I received excellent service. I just had a quick question about you custom tail lights. I noticed some new flame ones displayed (pictured below).



It looks from the picture that the original tails were clear. So here is my question. I've been looking for some clear tails for my sportside (not euros) but it seems they dont make them anymore. Is there a way you can clear out the stock ones or did you purchase these clear and just painted the flames over them?
There is no way to clear out the stock ones. Streatbeatcustoms.com has them for 54.95! Check with them they may still have some. Call becuase I dont think they are on their site.
 

·
I don't own a lowrider
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
how illegal would they be tinted black? Would it help any if I ran my 3rd brake light stock?
I remember Loki used to have tinted tails and he got ALOT of crap for them by the police if i remember right...and just went to 03 tails to stop getting pulled over :)
 

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
Joined
·
6,656 Posts
I just want something that will look cleaner than my stockers and the tinted ones would work well with my black/blue theme. Any sugestions?
 

·
I don't own a lowrider
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
I just want something that will look cleaner than my stockers and the tinted ones would work well with my black/blue theme. Any sugestions?
candy them to get rid of the orange...thats what i'm doing with some stockers even though i also have 03s :cheers:
 

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
Joined
·
6,656 Posts
What if I took clears and candied them from the inside? Or if I blacked out all but a little that I would candy red - would that make them legal? I rather do it from the inside if I could just so I dont scratch the hell out of them offroad.
 

·
I don't own a lowrider
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
SierraRollinDubz said:
When you candy them should you candy just the orange or the orange and the red too?
Do the whole light...you can tape off the reverse light if you'd like. Check on www.StreetInspiredKustoms.com if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself mforsland can do them for you. I've always seen good results with his candy tails, check it out :)
 

·
Knuckle Buster
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
I remember Loki used to have tinted tails and he got ALOT of crap for them by the police if i remember right...and just went to 03 tails to stop getting pulled over :)
correctamundo my good man....damn cops....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
580 Posts
i think i might be legal then because for the quadrasteer, i have an led light bar between the rear bumper and tailgate in that gap and on the rear part of the fenders are red lights too. what do you think?
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top