GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a side-by-side pic of these? :think:

I'm considering changing mine to Amber or ditching them all together.

:shake:

·
[>
3,255 Posts
I dont have a pic like you want, but get the Ambers :read:

That little bulb makes a big change IMO.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Ambers :rocking:

Here is a shot I did when I was trying to decide on my old truck. Kind of like a side by side comparision.

I realize it isn't a Chevy, but kind of gives you an idea.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hrm, Ambers look more like a parking light. Nice.

Anyone have a part number for those bitches? :D

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Hit Man X said:
Hrm, Ambers look more like a parking light. Nice.

Anyone have a part number for those bitches? :D
Just visit your local AutoZone and pick up some 3157NALL. Get the LL ones (Long Life) and they'll hopefully last a little longer than your stock one :D I would change the parking lights too, so they are the same color somewhat, but it isn't necessary.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
:bowtie: I've been tryin to figure out if I wanna switch my hyperwhites to amber......until I get some strobes in there :drool:

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
I'd stay with the clear, personally i dont like the amber :imo

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
hyperwhites will burn out really really fast. The longest i had a set of hyper whites last was like a month and a half. And that was only from driving from school to home and then to work everyday. Maybe like 10 mins a day of driving. They just don't last for shit. They'd burn out or break. I've had my amber DRLs in for like a year and they haven't discolored or burnt out. And i drive my truck alot more now.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I like both... i'd go with hyperwhite if you can find a quality set. It seems Adam isn't having any trouble with his, but I too have burt out a few sets before. A few months ago I yanked out my DRL bulbs and just turn on the headlights if needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts