GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems this guy has took the amber out of his Denali headlights. Anybody know this guy or know how he did it?
His Main Page

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
I dont know him, but Atom's cousin did the same thing with his old truck:

Maybe he can give us some insight...

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also be sure to click on his main page. I really like this truck. It's done pretty good.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HumanZoom said:
I dont know him, but Atom's cousin did the same thing with his old truck:

Maybe he can give us some insight...
That's the only reason I haven't got any Denali lights, cause I like my clear ones. But if you really can take em out then I'd buy some for sure!

Y2KSierra you just got some! You can be the test subject! :anitoof:

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
I don't think 2k1sierra has his taken out. I was talking to him a while back in the chat room and he was telling me that he likes to switch back to the stocks every now and then to match the denali clears. I don't know if he's cleared the denali ones since then but I haven't read anything about it.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah you can buy aftermarket ones like that already cleared but they're aftermarket! And usually fog up, leak, or yellow like they always do.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
Yeah you can buy aftermarket ones like that already cleared but they're aftermarket! And usually fog up, leak, or yellow like they always do.
:word:

The ones in the pics above are not aftermarket. Notice you can see the small hole behind the lense in the first light. Not to mention the aftermarket "cleared" ones just have a white reflector and not empty space.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd really like to buy some if I could clear em. What's the cheapest price ya'll found on some? They run a little high don't they?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Badassilverado said:
I heard of someone suggesting to have the perfect look for Clear Denali projectors is buy the factory's and also a clear aftermarket set. Take the reflector from the aftermarket unit and swap it into the OEM one.
That would still involve getting those SOB's open too :read:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah that would be a good idea. I think I'll wait and let one of you open em up first! :anitoof:

·
Registered
639 Posts
to quote my cousin "its a bitch to do" but hey to each his own. OEM are better quality but there are thouse BLACK HALO ones and thouse chrome ones that are already cleared out.

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
I'd prefer the clear OEM's w/o the reflector instead of a white reflector.

·
Sunburnt or Drunk
153 Posts
i did my stockers the hard way, turned out ok. if you look closely on one of his picture captions he says something about taking them apart ( i think it's on the first or second page) what i've been told by a couple of different people is use a heat gun on the silicone, that should help. but like atomoverride said, 'it's a bitch to do"

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Best mod for the money! I would say every GMC owner needs to do this, but then us with clears wouldn't really stand out. :bowtie:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I've did EVERYTHING with mine. Blow dryer, heat gun, oven, etc... That damn thing won't budge. I'd consider paying someone to take them out now. I love that white ext. cab, but he gotta little on the cheap/easy side when he mounted the compressor and tank I think.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts