GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever cleared any 03-up headlights and parking lamps? I know Intro did his. I cleared my stock GMC ones a while back, is it harder? Easier!?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I saw a guy on the "other site" did it, he might be a member here as well, i'm not sure. If he is, he is more than welcome to share the info/pics with us :head: Intro has his done as well, and maybe a few others. It really helps to clean up the 03+ chevy front end :head:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Go to Fullsizechevy do a search for member name chachi or Step by Step how to clear your 03 Headlights and it will show you a how to tech post. hope this works for you

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I found that post. Thanks. It's on Harley D's truck. We're going to try and do it today. I just hope my fingers hold out from debadging it yesterday!! I've only done one set, which was on my GMC, but damn we have to do 4!!! Oh well I'll let ya'll know how it comes out and post some pics.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Done!! We got em done in about 2 hours or so. Stuck em in the oven at about 175 degrees. The parking lights aren't shit to do. The headlights are a little harder though!
IMG_0238.gif

·
Draggers Inc.
58 Posts
atomoverride said:
OVEN!! LOL...thats some funny shit.
Yep glad we got em done. The oven came in handy. Bout as funny as those gay graphics on your truck atomoverride! :LOL:

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
harley davis said:
Yep glad we got em done. The oven came in handy. Bout as funny as those gay graphics on your truck atomoverride! :LOL:

:LOL:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We started to take some pics of the truck today but it was raining and shit so we said fuck it. I'll get some of it this week sometime.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
Congrats on the lights. They came out nice. I didnt use an oven because that chrome diamond type stuff in the headlights gets brittle with time and ull start seeing chrome fall off of ur lenses. That is why I used a razor-blade and a blow-dryer to heat it up.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IntroWheels said:
Congrats on the lights. They came out nice. I didnt use an oven because that chrome diamond type stuff in the headlights gets brittle with time and ull start seeing chrome fall off of ur lenses. That is why I used a razor-blade and a blow-dryer to heat it up.
Didn't know that, but oh well now. We each did a headlight and parking lamp. I got frustrated with it and tried the oven thing but he didn't. So only like the left or right side lights were put in the oven. He got the parking lamps apart with no heat at all. And here's the link where I found out how to do it. If any of ya'll have any questions PM me and I'll answer them. http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95438

·
Registered
639 Posts
harley davis said:
I was just saying it was hella funny you used an oven...I dont think anyone would have thought of that. No need to bash on my graphics that are on my truck. They are just something I was trying out for a few months. But hey whatever, I joke around and people think I am being a dick. Doesnt bother me, I still think it was funny and good looking. Hope to read more of your insightful posts in the future. :shake:

·
'03 Silvy
49 Posts
Looks great :head2:

Gonna have to start hackin away at mine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts