GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as some of you might know I bagged and bodies my 4x4 nnbs truck. Only thing left is the transfer case. Its the only thing keeping my truck from laying flat.

I have read up and people do rebuild the trans witha new 2wd tailshaft but im looking for an easier option.

Could I just "clock" the transfer case clockwise antoher bolt hole so it doesnt hang down without any issues? I understand this is different but figured it give it a shot.

1947351_10202730812573282_355205119_n_zps666667a1.jpg

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that it will come up through the floor. Im prepared to cut it and sheetmetal around it.

Thanks for the link.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,693 Posts
Easier way you want but having your tranny converted to 2wd is between $300-500 and takes less than an hour for a tranny shop to do. Instead your easy way includes redoing the floor to make it work. Your logic is amazing

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
look at how far the bolts are apart
if you moved it one hole its going to move the front output up about 10inchs
and that is assuming the bolts are spaced evenly and will line up
use the clocking ring that I posted,move the tcase up a inch and you wont have to cut out the floor

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Easier way you want but having your tranny converted to 2wd is between $300-500 and takes less than an hour for a tranny shop to do. Instead your easy way includes redoing the floor to make it work. Your logic is amazing

Came here looking for advice not a asshole comment which is exactly why i hesitate posting here half the time.

It would take me 1 hour to remove my seat and cut the floor and patch it. No cost to me. I have everything to do that myself. I built the entire truck in which i had to tub the firewall and cut into the floor already. So my logic seems pretty logical to me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
look at how far the bolts are apart
if you moved it one hole its going to move the front output up about 10inchs
and that is assuming the bolts are spaced evenly and will line up
use the clocking ring that I posted,move the tcase up a inch and you wont have to cut out the floor
Thanks man the case is already pretty close so I hope I wont have to cut the floor if any at all. I ordered one of those clocking rings. Your advice is exactly what I was looking for

1 - 8 of 8 Posts