GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got mine from gmparts and they fit ok but not perfect, so I just wanted to see from different angles other peoples fender flares to see how the compare.

Ill try and get pics of mine tomorrow when there is some light.

Oh btw the way these are the front fender flares Im talkign about and the part where the crease is in the fender towards the door.

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
No pics right now but mine came installed from the factory and have a wider gap towards the bottom of the crease. Most of the ones I've seen are like that...

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
My factory ones were rubbing on the bottom of the crease right from the factory...wore right through the paint. If I had kept them, I would've sanded down that spot, colormatched and reinstalled.

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
I filed mine down a little bit in the area where they touched the body, as the part that went in the bodyline was pushing the flare away from the body. They're *VERY* soft, a few turns of a file was enough. I took mine off over this though...but if I had a Silverado I'd've kept them....I'm ambivalent over the look on Sierras, but on 03+ Silvs I love them.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Most wont fit perfect. The flares are mass produced so as the trucks temselves. minior misfits are normal and should be expected... just like everything that is mass produced

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most wont fit perfect. The flares are mass produced so as the trucks temselves. minior misfits are normal and should be expected... just like everything that is mass produced
Yea thats what I figured oh well, it doesnt look bad but Im just kind of picky.

I backed up my truck in my parking spot today so I could look over at it, lookin all sexy with its new flares :lol:
Too bad its raining like 40" a hour, atleast it seems like :anitoof:

·
Master Pastor
153 Posts
heres the best shot i have of mine...

*edit* just noticed you wanted front pics

DSC00912.jpg

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
yeah the ones i have dont fit all that well but you gotta manipulate them a little bit. get someone to give you a hand. itll be easier.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah the ones i have dont fit all that well but you gotta manipulate them a little bit. get someone to give you a hand. itll be easier.
My cousin is fucking worthless and most friends live 15-20 miles away so I doubt none will come to hold my fender flares....OH well the only ones I have left to do are the rear ones, cause they arent here yet. Tracking says they wont be here til tomorrow.
So right now I just have the two front flares on :D

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
My cousin is fucking worthless and most friends live 15-20 miles away so I doubt none will come to hold my fender flares....OH well the only ones I have left to do are the rear ones, cause they arent here yet. Tracking says they wont be here til tomorrow.
yeah well me to..

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts

Hit me up if you want some help. My truck has flares on it too mine are factory but they dont fit perfect.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got them on rich thanks, still waiting on the 2 rear ones though.......What are you up to this weekend? Ill be in Modesto here and there throughout the weekend.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
Im off work for the next 3 days. Wanted to get the rearend back under my car but havent finished the 3rd member yet. Axles just came though so maybe now I will get it in gear. Other than that probley just drinkin beer and fucking off

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im off work for the next 3 days. Wanted to get the rearend back under my car but havent finished the 3rd member yet. Axles just came though so maybe now I will get it in gear. Other than that probley just drinkin beer and fucking off
You live by yourself? Throw any parties? I might go down south tonight, my rear fender flares better get here today but I doubt it according to the tracking :nono:
Lets play some beer pong :bowtie:

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
If its UPS your fucked. Im going to Ripon tonight probley to get fucked up with some friends. I'll be around all weekend though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts