GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
место рождения
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my gas gauge is broken, well actually i think it's the sending unit, but whatever. basically my gas gauge always shows zero and my yellow light is on.

i'm sure it's any expensive fix, but i'm just wondering is there anyway to turn that yellow light off? i can live with a broken gauge, but that light annoys me at night.

thanks in advance.

·
место рождения
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...but seriously, it's probably easy to hack a simulated full fuel level on the sender's wire. Then again, it isn't hard to fix, AFAIK.
i was thinking of getting behind the dash and taping off the light, but wanted to know if it's actually possible without doing all the work and realizing it's not.

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
You need a new sending unit. I wouldn't wanna tape or block off that big warning light, cause it displays most of the warnings.

Mine did the same thing when my fuel pump and sending unit was dying. Put a new AC Delco unit in and I was good to go. Don't beat around the bush. Haha.

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
Yes. If you had a pickup you could lift the bed instead.

The locking ring that holds the fuel pump in was very difficult for me, but hopefully not so difficult for you. Mine was very rusty from New England road salt and my lack of ever getting an undercarriage wash (or any wash).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts