GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and was unable to find a similar problem. I have a 1998 Chevy C1500, 4.3 V6 5 Speed. The bleeder on my old slave cylinder began leaking so I went ahead and replaced the whole Slave Cylinder. After I installed it I went out to drive it and it slips after about 25% throttle and the first inch and a half of the clutch pedal is where the clutch engages/disengages:rage:. The clutch did not slip before the new slave cylinder, I inspected the clutch while I had the Tranny out and it still had good thickness and looked fine. I re-bled the clutch on x2 to no avail. It still slips. Any insight???

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I did a search and was unable to find a similar problem. I have a 1998 Chevy C1500, 4.3 V6 5 Speed. The bleeder on my old slave cylinder began leaking so I went ahead and replaced the whole Slave Cylinder. After I installed it I went out to drive it and it slips after about 25% throttle and the first inch and a half of the clutch pedal is where the clutch engages/disengages:rage:. The clutch did not slip before the new slave cylinder, I inspected the clutch while I had the Tranny out and it still had good thickness and looked fine. I re-bled the clutch on x2 to no avail. It still slips. Any insight???
Something had to be installed wrong. Factory clutch in the truck?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Factory clutch, everything went back in the exact same way it came out.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I'm thinking maybe the issue. I had to drive it 200 miles(no choice) though, to get to school and thought it would burn off any fluid on the friction disk. But it still slips and I'll have to drive 200 miles back here in a week before I can pull the trans again.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Thats what I'm thinking maybe the issue. I had to drive it 200 miles(no choice) though, to get to school and thought it would burn off any fluid on the friction disk. But it still slips and I'll have to drive 200 miles back here in a week before I can pull the trans again.
I hate to say it, but usually driving with a slipping clutch just accelerates the slippage. I'd budget for a replacement just in case.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive got the $300 set aside for just incase, I guess I'll find out when i pull it next weekend

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you might want to check the height of the new slave. could need a shim or two.
Would that cause it to slip? I thought you shimmed it when the clutch doesn't fully disengage when the pedal is pushed in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The slave cylinder came from autozone if that helps any

·
USMC
60 Posts
if you think you have some clutch fluid in there from the leak you could always try to get some brake cleaner shot in there. just a thought.

·
Registered
10 Posts
if you think you have some clutch fluid in there from the leak you could always try to get some brake cleaner shot in there. just a thought.
x2. . . .

Also I replaced the slave in my old 98 4.3 chev with an autozone piece and it did just fine. . . .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright I'll try the brake cleaner in there, if that doesn't do it I guess I'll pull the trans and do some measurements, thanks guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts