GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was searching around and I hear alot of people saying that they can fit 37s with that setup but it rubs a little. Is there anyway to be able to clear them without a body lift or would the next best thing to do is just get the 10-12?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I think most people with the 7" Cognito stick with 35's for 1/2 tons and 37's for 3/4 tons. The 10-12" kit will fit 36-38" tires on 1/2 tons and 38-40" tires on 3/4 tons.

If you want to clear 37's without rubbing and/or want wide rims, get the 10-12" kit. (Assuming you have a 1/2 ton.)

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,483 Posts
I'd never get the 7" kit and 37's on my duramax. 10-12 with 37's IMO. I dont like cranking, or rubbing

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
PICT1230.jpg

PICT1228.jpg

PICT1227.jpg

140790763397.jpg

DSCF0128.jpg

Thats my truck with a cognito 7-9" cranked to about 8.5 inches... the first pics are how it looks now with the 37x13.50x17 Toyo's. The ones right above was when it was on 36" irok's. I have no rubbing at all right now... originally i had the 36" Iroks on the truck when the cv angles looked like this:

100_1795.jpg

100_1796.jpg

thats my dad by the way...

I cut the truck enough with the angles like that to where the 36" Irok's on 10" wheels would only rub slightly... I then cranked it and add the 37's on a 9" wheel and they dont rub at all and they are about an inch taller when i measured. I think if you did not want to cut your truck that you could run 37's on a 8" or 9" wheel with the cognito 7-9... any more questions just ask.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Oh and yes my truck is a half ton.... and it sits at where most 6+3 trucks sit at.

I vote yes! A good tire to do it with would be the cooper discoverer STT's you can get em in a 37x12.50x17 and on a 8" wheel that would be awesome with a 7-9 cognito.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
BadBowtie03.... GREAT Stance!

Need more pics one day soon though lol

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Thanks guys... and yeah i know i've needed some new pictures for a few months now!!! haha... i'll get around to it one of these days...

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
To keep the 37's from rubbing on my 3/4 ton I cranked it a little. Not enough to screw up the ride, but just a little. That's with the 7" Cognito.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Hey man, where were they rubbing at and what size wheels and width tires do you have? Thanks...

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
18X10 wheels, not sure of the backspace.

It was rubbing on the inside fenderwell and the valance. I trimmed the valance to stop that problem, but if it flexed or came off of a bump too fast it would rub. Like I said, a little crank will fix it.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
If you going to run 37s then get the 10" kit. I have the 10" kit cranked up a bit and thats on 37s. With great cv angles and a good ride you could run 37s. Might have to trim the front lower valence a bit I trimmed mine. Why bother with a 7" kit? Just get the 10" kit and either ride at 10" or if you want to go bigger you can always crank it up then add a body. You will want to go bigger later so just buy the larger size lift now. Thats my thoughts anyways. Everyone that I know buys a 6" lift wants to go bigger. Xtreme just put a 7" kit on his and is already talking about the 10" kit.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
I've been pretty happy with my 7", but for the money if you even have a question about the 7, then get the 10". Cognito makes great lifts, and there service is great.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
Isnt your truck a 3/4 ton though? I always thought it was. If so then 7" on yours is about like 9-10" on a 1/2 ton

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
If you're talking to me, then yeah, it's a 3/4 ton.
I was. Sorry for my vague response. I often wish I had bought a 3/4 ton. Have done so much to my truck now though I would hate to start all over. Besides I know I would only loose money if i was to part with it now.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
I was. Sorry for my vague response. I often wish I had bought a 3/4 ton. Have done so much to my truck now though I would hate to start all over. Besides I know I would only loose money if i was to part with it now.
That seemed to be the topic of my conversation most of the night. You know, GM, modifying, losing money.

·
4,725 Posts
Badbowtie knows what's up

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea i am gonna have to go with the 10 inch kit.... man all this stuff is gonna cost aloooot of money :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts