GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking at opinions on the two lift from personal experience mainly. I want a top notch lift and know these are great kits. My biggest question about the CST is how does it ride and handle? I love the fact it has a one piece subframe. Also like the look better than the x style of cognito but have seen nothing but great stuff about them.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
Really you can't go wrong with either, it's all just personal preference. Also depends on what kind of truck you're talking about.

Assuming your talking about a NNBS half ton (looking at your avatar), I'd say it depends on the rim and tire combination you want to run.

Cognito has the plus of being just a bit more sturdy IMO. This is because they use two different mounts for the differential; besides the normal drop they have a lateral brace which mounts to the ear of the diff. And they still connect the crossmembers, even if it's not one-piece like CST. Also Cognito has kicker braces.

However CST is an inch bigger and keeps factory track width. So it all depends on the wheel/tires you want to run.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Both are very high quality kits.
Like said, depends in what you want for a wheel set up and if you mind running spacers to even track width. Go with the kit that has better options at a given price IMO

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys and yes it's a nnbs 09 gmc sierra 4x4. Sold the one in my avatar. I'll probably keep my 20x10 4.5BS, -12OS I have now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts