GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
If it is for a 1/2 ton... what tire size is cognito saying will be the max??

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i talked to justin about this kit. i would have definantly bought it if, i hadnt gotten such a steal on my kit, and if it had been out when i wanted to buy. cognito is awesome :rocking:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry its a nbs 1/2 ton, is the kit not done? What im lookin for is to be able to fit a 36x14.5 with out a body lift and i think the 10-12 is to much lift for 36's just dont look right :imo

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
36s will rub with only 9 inches. and remember, thats REALLY on 7 inches plus some cranking. as torsion bars sag over time(and they will) you will loose an inch. no way 8 inches will clear 36s. lol 8 inches is what you need to clear 35s on 16x10s,

36s will need 11 inches and still they will rub offroad

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i dunno. kyle clears them on 8". JB cleared them on his truck with a rancho 4-6" plus body. they had to do some big time trimming, but they didnt rub. i think you will be fine on 9" with 36s and some trimming.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
I am also anxiously awaiting the arrival of this kit. Though It is nice to see cognito is taking time in developing this kit, it shows me that they are concerned with quality. :D

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
Josh said:
i dunno. kyle clears them on 8". JB cleared them on his truck with a rancho 4-6" plus body. they had to do some big time trimming, but they didnt rub. i think you will be fine on 9" with 36s and some trimming.
kyle has a superlift and body? only 8 inches?

on the road with some trimming it will work, but offroad with flexing might be a lil different

1 - 9 of 9 Posts