GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Armed NRA member.
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i am selling my truck, im looking at options on new vehicles, and the lift kits they go best with. If i end up getting a 1500, im thinking of doing the new 10-12 cognito kit. Now, im not 100% sure what all the kit entails, but how much would a fully loaded kit, with chrome fox resi's and UCA's be? Am i gonna need to order the cognito driveline as well? I was trying to get on cognito's website to figure it out, but the computers at my school are being pieces of shit.

also, what tire do you think i should run? I was planning on doing no body lift and leaving it all suspension.. so, 38's maybe? Maybe 37's? and for gearing, do you think i could get away with 4.88's or would 5.13's be best? :hmm:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
are you talking about a nbs or a nnbs 1500? Either way, I think 37s are perfect for the cognito 10-12. Gearing depends on your driving style. If you are going to be happy with 37s then go with a 488 gear, but if you think you are going to get the urge to go bigger with a body lift then might as well get 513s so you already have the gears for bigger tires.

EDIT: I just checked cognitos website and priced the 10-12 inch kit with dual shock hoop and UCA kit with the fox shocks F&R with 6inch deaver springs, 4inch blocks to bring the truck level with the front and the degree shim for driveline angel and it came to $5,989.36 give or take due to actual shipping.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
$6,827 for NNBS 10-12" with Uniballs and Coilovers shipped to OK.... Although its not a badass Cognito w/ bro coilovers..I paid a total of 2,750 for my Fabtech, GMR Uniball UCAs, FOA Coilovers, Bilstein 5100s, and Shackle Flip.

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
If I did it all over again, I would probably go a cheaper route. All the rest still get it done the same and easier on the wallet. Dont get me wrong, my Cognito is great and havent had 1 problem, but damn... theys expensive!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I wish I would have done the 10-12 since Ive spent the money already. But i did price out the FTS after the fact and it was about 1k cheaper for a bigger kit with leaves included! damn!

·
Armed NRA member.
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
damn 6 grand for the nnbs thats getting really pricey. you could prbably do a really nice SFA for 7 or so...

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
damn 6 grand for the nnbs thats getting really pricey. you could prbably do a really nice SFA for 7 or so...
Fts 10" is your best bang for your buck :imo

$4k gets you fox coilovers, 10" leaf springs, and a true 10" lift

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
how bad does the front look on the 9.5 FTS we already know the bigger fts kits look like shit
Dizzle has the 10" NNBS. The front drop isn't bad at all :imo

Anything bigger than 12 doesn't look that great but what are you supposed to do when the drop get's bigger than that.

·
Armed NRA member.
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
full throttles site sucks, where can i find info on WTB the 10" kit, and some more pics. also, whats the price diff b/w the 10 and the 12

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.