GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to lift kits, so please...no one jump on me about this. I'm still learning. I have a friend that is selling his Cognito 10-12" lift kit. The lift is on his Silverado Z71. My truck is a Sierra 1500HD. I am trying to find out if the lift would fit from his Z71 onto my HD. Does anyone here know? If someone is willing to help me out, that would be great. If this will fit, he's giving me a killer deal on the kit, so I'd love to know.

Thank you!

·
Registered
604 Posts
No it wont. There is a lift for the 8 Lug (1500HD) and one for 1500 (6 Lug). It WONT fit.

·
Registered
640 Posts
ohhhh, i see, i mixed up the trucks. if his is a 6-lug then no it won't fit. I thought you were saying youre truck is a HD and HIS was the Sierra 1500HD. sorry it wont fit.

·
Registered
604 Posts
LOL, and i quote:

"The lift is on his Silverado Z71. My truck is a Sierra 1500HD. I am trying to find out if the lift would fit from his Z71 onto my HD."

Wont fit.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
it wont fit your HD had a diffrent fram and some other shit thats why they sell an 8 lug kit and a 6 lug kit for the HD you need a 8 lug kit

·
Its just my style
1,404 Posts
But it will fit the front of mine! How much does he want for it?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I think it would fit the 1/2 Avy... they are the same i am 99.9 % sure...

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
The avy's use the same front kit as the tahoes and suburbans. Cognito has a different kit for the SUV's than the trucks. I know on other suspension lifts, the torsion bar crossmember drop brackets are different on the SUVs than the trucks.

·
Its just my style
1,404 Posts
Ohh, well, dang. I just can't catch a good deal, lol.

·
attention whore
708 Posts
it will fit my 01 sierra z71 how much does he want for it??
uh dude, it won't fit a z71....unless you have already converted to 8-lug..:supergay:

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
The lift is on his Silverado Z71. My truck is a Sierra 1500HD. I am trying to find out if the lift would fit from his Z71 onto my HD.
uh dude, it won't fit a z71....unless you have already converted to 8-lug..:supergay:
If you read the initial post he said its coming off a "Silverado Z71". Doesnt say its coming off an HD so how can you assume that? :pow:

·
attention whore
708 Posts
If you read the initial post he said its coming off a "Silverado Z71". Doesnt say its coming off an HD so how can you assume that? :pow:
my bad, i got it backwards. :kiss:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts