GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sick of my truck creaking like a mother fucker. I greased the shit out of all my bushings and its just ridiculous. It used to squeak but stopped after I swapped the UCAs. No when turn on to a street, into my driveway or what ever it creaks like no other. I can understand it squeaking/creaking sometimes but I wanna wash my mouth out with a reevolver sometimes. No when I accellerate I hear a weird squeal when i start off. I thought it may be the belt or intake or some shit but only does it in gear from like 0-10mph. PLUS- when accellerating I hear a pop almost like its coming from the UCA/uni ball or somewhere in that area.

Ok im not saying its the Fabtech itself, but Im aobut to rip it off and swap out the Cognito. Re grease and check things out. Fuck me. Sorry for the rant. And you hardcore dudes, I dont need the "lifted trucks make noise speech". I know they do but this is getting out of control :D.

·
The ShiZnit!
1,062 Posts
First go through your whole truck with some wrench's and a bunch of loc-tite.
If that dont work, turn up your radio.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
take a part yours and grease the hell out of it?
im going to, but the CV angles with the spacer and the spacer itself pisses me off too. The CVs arent bad (no worse than a leveled truck) but still. I may try that first though.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
white lithium grease, spray the whole thing down, wipe away the nonsense.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it sucks when you're cruising down your street with no radio on, windows down and all you hear is squeak squeak squeak....embarrassing :imo
i drive down my street at 10mph and turn into my fucking driveway and all you hear is a creaky ass door and it is seriously loud as fuck.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Maybe you should have everything checked by a 4wheel drive shop or similar. I'm not trying to say that you don't know what you are doing but maybe get an opinion from a professional before you go and drop a ton of money swapping them out. Obviously something isn't right or it wouldn't be doing it.

·
The ShiZnit!
1,062 Posts
i drive down my street at 10mph and turn into my fucking driveway and all you hear is a creaky ass door and it is seriously loud as fuck.
My backwindow rattles bad, my doors rattle a little. Something in my drivetrain makes a cluck when I go from reverse to drive.

·
Popcorn Sutton's BFF
1,083 Posts
My cognito has never made any noises whatsoever. Even bouncing around the dunes it is dead silent. +1 for cognito. do it

1 - 20 of 153 Posts