GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Cognito Motorsports steering solutions

I saw them at the off road expo too in Orange County fair grounds. I really like the looks of there lift. Any one know what lift they have that will fit some 38s and how much it runs.
Thanks
Jeremy
New to the forum
waiting on a 04 duramax crewcab 4X4

·
Registered
73 Posts

jeremy, for your 04 crewcab HD, they have a 10" kit. They have an add in the back of off road magazine. that truck has 38" PJ's. I think cost with springs, brake lines and single shocks is around $2900. that is with the pitman'idler supports too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

That sounds alot better then CST 9-11 i have gotten quoted 3900 install which i thought was a rip off. Now i just have to save.. Looking at either the CST, FTS or Cognito. Anyone have any hookups with any of these?

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts

Getsum said:
That sounds alot better then CST 9-11 i have gotten quoted 3900 install which i thought was a rip off. Now i just have to save.. Looking at either the CST, FTS or Cognito. Anyone have any hookups with any of these?
If you give Justin at Cognito a call, he can give you a price. Bakersfield isn't too far from Orange County :insane:

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts

sevenfold...go over some of the pros cognito has over other lifts (specifically FT since you know I'm thinking about that)
I really don't know a whole lot about Cognito besides it being pretty strong

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts

well im somewhat cool with FT so customer service isn't that big of an issue. even then i still think they are dickheads.

Only real thing that is kind of putting me off cognito is the install quote. I really don't want to install myself but I mean i could if i had to. The price comes out to be about the same as FT because they charge like 300 for powdercoating which is BS.

I'm kind of leaning towards cognito now but still have time to decided...thanks

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts

I think its funny they say a big lift takes a lot longer to instal, thats BS, its almost identicle. Matter of a fast, some are actually easier because they dont have to modify the diff :read:

It can take a bit longr because the parts are bigger and harder to handle, but in all reality, its almost the same.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts

well install I have seen is usually around 600.

FT charges 300 for powdercoating the lift.

The two older bertao's own it unless their is a silent partner. No idea about their expereince

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts

procomp, CST and superlift take about the same as a big lift, and teh spindle lifts only take maybe an hour less, you have to do shit on them you dont h ave to on the full drops.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts

well a week to install a lift is way too much unless they are trying to a bunch of other trucks at once. FT gets it done the next day if you take it in the morning.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts

Sevenfold said:
Please try to find out what sort of engineering experience/education they have. I'd be very interested to know.
I doubt they have very much but who knows

1 - 12 of 12 Posts