• FT 9.5"

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad the board is up and running, again!

Lets just say I was bent on getting the FT lift, but started seaching and can't deciede b/t FT or Cognito. From what I've read, FT is a great kit but some say its based of the Dick Cepek 6" kit and it came on the market after Whiplash started having law problems. (Some think its a knockoff of the Whiplash kit (might even be the same company), though different in looks/design)

Now Cognito seems to be a top notch kit, designed better/stronger and I haven't found any negative feedback on the kit. Both kits are similiar in price within a couple hundred bucks +/-. Cognito uses Atlas softride leafs, I'm not sure what springs FT uses. Cognito has great Customer Service, FTs CS might as well be none exsitant.

So, help me make a decision.....please

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CS is def. a HUGE PLUS, but IMO if FT was a much better kit I would use them and deal with the CS accordingly.

Aside from the CS problem, which kit would you choose?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am not sure how much lift you are looking for but try looking at www.bncoffroad.com .They are from the Houston area an they have good lifts an they even have there own called 3rd Coast Suspension. From what I hear they are good looking and tuff, an they seem to hold up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Z71bigchevy said:
I am not sure how much lift you are looking for but try looking at www.bncoffroad.com .They are from the Houston area an they have good lifts an they even have there own called 3rd Coast Suspension. From what I hear they are good looking and tuff, an they seem to hold up.

I was looking at 3rd coast, BUT there aren't many on the market and the 1 that I know of had a problem with a ball joints popping out. I was told it wasn't a big deal and the problem was fixed and hasn't happened again, but I really don't want to take that chance.

PLUS, there is talk that FT sells bnc their kits and Kevin changes some things, slaps his name on em and sells em. Pretty sure I'm going to use Cognito, UNLESS someone can give me a reason not to?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sevenfold said:
Also, the Fresno Better Business Bureau has given Full Throttle a poor rating

Screw it, just for that I'm going with Cognito. I'm not giving my money (directly or indirectly) to a company that has, possibly, screwed other people! Justin at Cognito has been more than helpful with everything I've asked for, has a great kit, great reviews and great CS. Should have been obvious, but I wanted to make sure......

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sevenfold said:
Full Throttle Suspension, Inc.
5721 W. Barstow
Fresno, CA 93722

General Information

Phone Number: (559) 271-8629
Type-of-Business Classification: Auto Repair & Service

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s).

Complaints allege dissatisfaction with the company's service , delivery standards and repairs.

Thanks for the help, once again! I'm going Cognito!

·
5.5MPG!!!!!!!All Day Long
123 Posts
there ya go

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm ordering Monday and have an app. for install next week...if everything goes right.

2 things though 1) do you guys know anyone running Atlas springs? I'm debating on not getting the Atlas springs the kit comes with and getting the Deavers. The Atlas springs are $620 and come with shims needed. How much are Deavers? 2) The Cognito kit comes with ES3000 shocks for $140 (all 4). Should I take those off the price and upgrade to 5150s or 7100s?

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Z71bigchevy said:
SouthernZ71 What size tire do you plan on running with that lift?

Not really sure. I'm getting the STSs, so its either the 36s or 38s. Now do I want a ton of room for off roading or the stuffed look........

Why? And what kit/tires are you running?

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
out of the full throttle and cognito I would have to go with cognito to me it just looks like its built stronger(not sayin it is as I have no personal experience with either one) but from just lookin I say cognito :rocking:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the Cognito is ordered. I'm getting 10" Atlas springs in the rear. I was going to get the 9" springs but he said they would settle about a 1". Figure I'll be a lil high for a few months before they settle down.

Thanks for the help with my decision....

I'll get pix up when its done

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Twstd02 said:
Personally I would go with Twisted Suspension Designs lift. They are way stronger, and looks alot better. Check them out....www.twistedsuspensiondesigns.com
Hmm aperently you DONT know what your talking about. Cognito and twisted are near identicle lifts. They were partners who spilt ways and in an agreement one (cognito) makes the 10-12" lifts and the other (twisted) makes the 12-14" ones. One is no stronger than the other, in fact the cognito may be stronger because of the shorter sub frame would put less leverage on the frame, and theoretically be less prone to cracking your frame.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts