GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Fake 4wd Club
3,942 Posts
Personal Preference :imo

Check Warrantys and price difference too.

Total Chaos makes a nice set of tubular uppers with uniballs too.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
I think they both are the same pretty much both uniball, I only seen the GMR in person and they look pure beef.

·
Fake 4wd Club
3,942 Posts
Drill and tap the GMR's for zerks :shrug:

·
Fake 4wd Club
3,942 Posts
White Lithium grease and a rag :imo

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Cognito can suck a fat baby's dick. Get the GMR's . :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cognito offers UCA's in ball joint and uni-ball style depending what you are looking for. Ball joints will be better on the budget and long term if you are just daily driving.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cognito cost more but which is a better setup if cost wasn't the issue? I talking about the uniball setup on both..

Hey I just seen you are in the Bay Area. I have the NEW 07+ 1500 Cognito UCA w/Bilstein's (witch are made to spec. for Cognito UCA travel) and prototype rear Deaver progressive add a leaf pack sitting here waiting for a truck to install on and do a magazine write up on. I had a truck lined up for it but it fell threw. PM me if this might sound good to you.

·
Fake 4wd Club
3,942 Posts
PM Sent :secret:

·
Fake 4wd Club
3,942 Posts
Progressive leaf packs gradually get stiffer the farther they are compressed.

I don't know how a AAL would make it progressive but I'm willing to check it out.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Progressive leaf packs gradually get stiffer the farther they are compressed.

I don't know how a AAL would make it progressive but I'm willing to check it out.
Fo free?

·
Fake 4wd Club
3,942 Posts
I dunno, depends on what 1sic250 says I guess :shrug:

·
Registered
40 Posts
i friend of mine who does all the work on m truck told me not to go with uniball.
He said ya they take high angle and are very strong, but there isnt really a way to service them and will wear out eventually (in less time than a heavy duty balljoint that is regularly greased) and have to replace the entire thing. So unless it was an offroad use only, he recommended to go with the HD balljoints, which i believe cognito has.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts