GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put all new moog parts on my front end. 04 silverado.
Are the cognito support kits really worth $250 friggen dollars? Im running 35's and if it will help the life of these new pit/idler arms I will definitely buy it but I don't wanna just blow $250…(need to save up for gears!!)
anyone running this please post your opinion!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I have them. I replaced my pitman and idler arm at the same time too, and the moog pitman arm would not press on to my gearbox far enough to be able to install the kit. After returning the moog pitman and getting a duralast arm the kit went on fine. Seems sturdy. After replacing my pitman, idler, idler pivot, adding the cognito kit and an anlignment the truck drove like new.

So I'd say before you consider ordering the kit, check how much thread is sticking out past the nut holding the pitman arm on and make sure it's at least 1/8".

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have them. I replaced my pitman and idler arm at the same time too, and the moog pitman arm would not press on to my gearbox far enough to be able to install the kit. After returning the moog pitman and getting a duralast arm the kit went on fine. Seems sturdy. After replacing my pitman, idler, idler pivot, adding the cognito kit and an anlignment the truck drove like new.

So I'd say before you consider ordering the kit, check how much thread is sticking out past the nut holding the pitman arm on and make sure it's at least 1/8".
Well wtf...my pitman arm isn't going on to my steering shaft either. I thought my impact gun just didn't have enough ass but I guess the Moog is a shit arm then?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Yea I guess that's just one shit part that moog makes. I did some research when I had my problem and found that it is a common problem. I'd return it and get a different brand pitman. I tried to bolt my all up and it was so low on the gear box that even if I tried to use it the centerlink would have been crooked.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Got my Cognito kit for like $130 shipped. Shop wouldn't align my truck without replacing pitman and idler before this, after this, different story. Still going to replace them, but I found this killer deal and jumped on it. Slapped it on and took it to the shop just to see what they'd say. I guessed it helped out enough that they changed their opinion.

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
Had them on my 2002 Silverado. They are beefy! yes expensive, but worth the money.

I also had the Cognito heim joint tie rods. Also a good upgrade.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got my Cognito kit for like $130 shipped. Shop wouldn't align my truck without replacing pitman and idler before this, after this, different story. Still going to replace them, but I found this killer deal and jumped on it. Slapped it on and took it to the shop just to see what they'd say. I guessed it helped out enough that they changed their opinion.
Where did you get it for that price?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Buddy bought the kit, sold his truck shortly after. He didn't put it on and didn't really try to sell the kit. I lucked out and talked him down on the price since he didn't need it and was too busy playing with his new rig to bother dealing with selling it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts