GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd post this in the offroad forum since some of you guys run these. I know my tie rods on my bagged OBS dually will need replacing when I start driving it again and I was thinking about upgrading to these. Just wonder if any of you guys would see any problems with that or you think they would be fine. Seems like they would be a good upgrade for bagged truck as well with some of the suspension movement bagged and lifted trucks see.

I'm gonna try and call Cognito when I have a chance but school is killing my day time lately.

Any info would help....Cameron

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
call up justin. he is one of the easiest people to deal with that ive come across. i dont personally see why these wouldnt work on your truck. i think they are a good idea.

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
i don't see any reason why you couldn't run them. they're basically a direct replacement.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
damn slim....thats a cool sig pic

:word: about the tie rod upgrade, i'm glad i did it. If they break, all i have to replace is a cheap heim joint

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool...it's it's basically a replacement than I'll get them. I may have to notch my frame for clearance when layed out but I'd feel better with those under my truck than stockers.....

Cameron

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Sevenfold said:
Yeah, they are a direct replacement. A lot of these aftermarket tierods require drilling into your spindle but the Cognito tierods don't.
i had to drill my spindle a tiny bit. the stock hole was tapered like a 1/16th of an inch. all i had to do was make the hole uniform width all the way down.

thanks zubyc. :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
How much do those tie rod ends cost?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts