GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do the cognito uca actually make the truck ride better when you crank keys? i have a 04 sierra hd and cranked the keys almost to where they bottom out and it rides okay, just not the greatest. i was planning on getting the ucas and new shocks(what would be the best shocks for my application? i was think fox or bistein) so it rides good again. also do the shock extenders help? so i was pretty much wondering if any one has the cognito leveling kit and has it pretty cranked up and how it rides? i pretty much want a review on the kit and pics, lots of pics.... thanks guys!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm running the cognito UCA with bilsteins, but before that I was running just keys and shock extensions. It rides like factory if not better with the UCA and gives you travel if you hit a pot hole or speed bump. Norcal Nick sells the right length shocks for the UCA so you don't have to run extensions. Here is a write up he didhttp://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283685 That should help you. I was running 20x10 with 305/55 tires and I had it cranked up but still left 3/4 between the bump stops and the tires still rubbed a lil with a lot of trimming. I recently changed over to 22x9.5 with 305/45 tires and the ride quality is tits with no rub.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Absolutely, I'm very happy with my Cognito kit. Worth every penny. Plus, when you have to replace an upper BJ, they're bolt in so it's an easy swap.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
907 hustler thanks that was very helpfull!! i have 275x55rx20 with 20x10 rite now and with only a little trim it doesnt rub at all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts