GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here has experiences with their lift? From what I've heard it's solid but I'd like some more input.
Also does anyone how much their kit is and how to contact them. I tried the number and it wouldn't work

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
I'd have to agree with Adam. I met Justin too and he is an extremely knowledgeable person. He has some good fixes for common problems with lifted Chevy's and GM's. I looked at a kit, it was BEEFY and the welds looked nice and clean to me. I wouldn't hesitate to run anything Cognito on my truck! :bowtie:

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah...they need to update the damn site! I'll give him a call tomorrow and see how much the kit will run me.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Personally I have never seen a truck with this kit on it in person, but from pics I have seen and what people have said about them. They seem to make a nice kit.
All the pictures I have looked at, it looks like a well built/strong kit.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i called them and was quoted like 3900. He wants to charge 850 for install!
I took my truck into twisted today and griffen is going to give me a pretty damn good deal on the kit so that might be an option.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Everything i would need. Double shock up front. Im not using the hangers so i just have to buy some leafs

·
Registered
73 Posts
At that price for a Cognito, it sounds like the rear springs price is included. Their stuff is not that expensive. Is that with sales tax as well?

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yah...I'm not saying its that expensive but i'll get a bigger lift for a little more. Lift install shouldn't be that high. FT is known for charging alot but they were only charging 600.

·
rollin stock!
522 Posts
the only thing wrong that I have seen with there kits is their H2 kits they use spacers for the whole front end, not very good IMO. Other than that they have a quality kit.

·
rollin stock!
522 Posts
They use spacers on the cv's and they also use them for spindles. When we put one on an H2 we had to go buy spacers due to the spindle and such so we could fit the wheel on BTW the wheel is 20x12.
It weakens the front end when you have to use spacers.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well if I was to go with a 10-12 it would be 36's but if I end up doing twisted, it will be 38-39.5 most likely. They are starting to heim joint steering now so thats another big plus. My friends truck has been doing alright with their lift except for a few things here and there. Mostly it was tie rod problems. We'll see what happens..

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yah...since you know the owner and want me to get the lift, send a discount this way and ill be very very tempting :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts