GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Mcgaughys 4/6drop on my 05cc how much can I expect the coils to settle? Right now the rear is a little lower than the front and by the time I do a cut thru and add my box in the bed the rear will really be sitting lower than the front.
Might have to go with a 3inch coil later what do you guys think? Going to bag it next spring anyway.

·
Registered
178 Posts
There are several options for the rear.
1. Lifting shackle.
2. Shackle-hanger flip kit. (this flips the rear shackle-hanger to lift it. It is also adjustable) This will lift the rear as much as 2".
3. Helper bags. this may ride a tad stiff when enough air is applied to lift an inch.
4. drop the front 1" more

The cut through will most likely drop your rear more than 1", so in all likelyhood you will still need to address the rear somehow.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put 150lbs of weights up near the cab and like BADHABITMAN said I will definitely have to do something in the rear until I get it bagged.
I think going 3" coils up front and then using a shackle to slightly lift the rear will put it at the right stance. Just have to wait till I get cut thru completed.
Thanks for your replies guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts