·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How easy is it to replace front coils on a 98 :bowtie:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Not too hard if you have a coil spring compressor, and it has to be the internal style as well. Basically you have to insert the compressor into the coil that is on the truck and take the tension off of it. I like to run a chain down through it for safety so incase the compressor comes off the thing won't shoot out at me. Then pop the lower ball joint loose from the knuckle and let the lower a-arm drop down, then remove the coil.

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip i just ordered my 2 inch and i,m wating for it to come in. "WATING SUCKS" :bowtie:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Another tip, I installed some 3" Fabtech coils on a 95. The aftermarket coils were so stiff and hard to compress that I broke an internal compressor. What I ended up having to do was use the internal with 2 externals at the same time. Compress the thing down using all 3 of those together, then remove the outer ones, leavin the inner in to hold it compressed, and then put it in the truck. Once the lower ball joint was hooked back up or a floor jack is under the a-arm just take the compressor off by sticking a wrench up through the shock hole in the bottom.

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again for the help. I dont know how stiff they are but i hope i can do the install myself. :worship:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts